Bringing wine aboard?

Give it a shot, they have been real hard on bringing things on board, but have been loosening up a little in the past few weeks. When is the cruise, hope its not spring break time.

There are numerous threads on "sneaking on alcohol" your might get a variety of answers to this question. The RCCL website and cruise documents states very clearly that you are not allowed to bring any alcohol on the ship. If found it will be confiscated and returned at the end of the trip. People have said they got in on the ship only to have it taken from their room later. RCCL knows all the tricks people use to carry on alcohol including stuff in water bottles and mouthwash bottles.

On my last two cruises I did bring wine and the small bottles of Baileys. I'm not going to try and sneak anything onto the ship this time....persoanl choice.

It seems they are getting tough in enforcing their no alcohol rule.Celebrity their sister line allows 2 bottles of wine per cabin:confused:.Maybe with all the perks they give their loyal repeats they need to enforce this.......Frank

We took wine on board under the 2 bottle rules. Now that we can't take the wine to the dining room I don't bother bringing any.

We were on the Monarch last week on the 4 day. The last port was Ensenada where we did the wine tour. We brought back 2 bottles and we were not stopped. I did see other peoples bags being searched. I don't know if they were confiscating hard liquor.

By the way the Celebrity corkage is $25 per bottle.

Allowed to bring wine on HAL

They also have a wine card for 10 or 20 glasses of wine. works out to be under $4 a glass.

Will have our first RCL cruise Feb. 2008. Maybe they will change their policy by then !

Instead of going through the pain of trying to sneak wine on, why not use an outside company to get a few bottles? That's what we did. Royal Caribbean only charges a $5 fee, and you're able to get wine that you can't get on the ship. I did see a few people bringing bottles into the diningroom on Freedom in April, so they must be allowing outside wine with the corkage fee.

On Carnival they are supposed to charge you a corking fee, which they sometimes do. As this will be my first venture onto RCCL can I bring wine aboard? sneak it? any thoughts???

Greetings! Went on my first cruise (RCCL) in April. Brought 2 bottles of wine in carry on bag. They were taken and returned to me at end of cruise :-(. I had been told by a 7 time cruiser that I could "show it" during embarkation and then ask for it to be labelled and available to me in dining room (with a moderate corkage fee) - not so! Enjoyed my (plastic) bottle of rum though.

I have been on 10 carnival cruises, they allow you to bring wine aboard.

I have done this several times, as the prices on wine on the ships, well all alcohol for the matter, is outragous!!!!!!

I will be bringing wine, in my suitcase, where it will stay until I bring it to dinner.

Aug 27th aboard the RCCL Majesty.

Archived