I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

The RCI website has the phone numbers and email address. Look under "Curstomer Support" (I believe) on the website.

OK, that's it for me for this afternoon. Off to the courthouse! Good luck you guys and keep the pressure on!

WOW news travels sooooooo quick !

I forwarded this on to friends in Italy who may be cruising with us next year...... she has just phoned my Dh to check it wasnt a "trick" Ive sent her.................. er "NO"!!! She worries soooo much, she thought I was tricking her as a joke! She cant understand how this situation can happen.

Now they dont want to book up to cruise with us, as she is worried they will be "black listed" at random too !

So maybe RCL will loose some custom????? who knows?.

Rumor has it the cruise lines do monitor this board so I am sure they will be looking at it - probably won't acknowledge it but I bet they are aware. As a stockholder, I am embarassed at this true lack of customer service. Scott is owed an explanation and the chance to clear his name or allow his "side" of the story to be heard. RCCL - shame on you. Tell this loyal customer what the problem is.

might I remind everyone that there are TWO sides to every story. Sure this plays out as a great David vs. Goliath story but think about how much any of us know of RCCL's position.

I've seen too much in my years in and out of courtrooms to know not to make conclusions until ALL facts are known.

If I may offer my theory on this incident, it may be a combination of many of the things OP has told us. I suspect on his background check he had to enter any foreign countries he has visited, I know I always have to.

An investigator looking at all the travelling this young man has done and his young age and occupation may have seen this as a person living beyond his means and vissiting many foreign countries.

This could have raised a red flag on the part of the investigator who, in order to do his job propoerly contacted the security department at RC since that is the line the OP has travelled on the most. Many questions later from the investigator to the security person at RC and based on the rest of his investigation the investigator concludes there is no risk this is just a young man who enjoys travelling and cruising and has a legitimate way to afford it as the OP described many pages ago.

However, the security person at RC flags OP as someone being investigated by the DHS or other agency and declares him a risk to travel on their ships thus he is banned.

Several people have asked why RC won't just tell him it was the DHS and take the heat off themselves. Reason it is not the DHS it is the security department within RC that made the decision, probably based on incomplete information and RC is protecting themselves.

Again, just a theory but I have been through many investigation for my line of work and this is a possibility.

I hope it all gets ironed out and OP has many more happy sailings.

Like many folks on this forum we are RCL stockholders, and this is not the kind of publicity that RCL wants on the morning news or the cable talk shows. I can see the headline now, "Royal Caribbean inaugurates Liberty of the Seas, but not for this Minnesota firefighter"

Good grief, if you're watching this, RCL, please do something! We don't need Nancy or Greta getting their teeth in this fiasco.

That's pretty much where I am too. We like Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I don't want them to be the "bad guy." I think we can all agree that something is amiss here, but I'm really hoping that it can get sorted out, the mistake can be identified, RCI can make appropriate amends, and we can go on being happy little Diamonds. :o

Would it do any good for all of us to call RCI Customer Relations Dept and start threatening to cancel our upcoming cruises unless they come clean with our friend for their reasoning? What do you guys think? Can someone post the number?

We are firmly in Scott's corner and throughly believe he is entitled to a full explanation of the data or events that led RCCL to ban him from cruising.

Perhaps, your suggestion would work, but large corporations seldom buckle under to threats that are not supported by the potential for a massive boycott. We suspect that only a few passengers would actually cancel their cruise to support Scott's cause.

We need to remember that cruise lines do have the responsibilty to protect their passengers. And while most of us share Scott's confusion as to why he was banned we must assume that RCCL would not have acted so drastically without having ample reason to believe that Scott posed a substancial threat.

Hopefully, in the end we will learn that RCCL's actions were based on erroneous data and Scott will receive an apology and free cruise. But, until the facts see the light of day we shouldn't to hasty to condemn the cruise line.

might I remind everyone that there are TWO sides to every story. Sure this plays out as a great David vs. Goliath story but think about how much any of us know of RCCL's position.

I've seen too much in my years in and out of courtrooms to know not to make conclusions until ALL facts are known.

That's the problem! Scott is not getting any facts from the "other" side. They refuse to discuss details with him.

I agree, there ARE 2 sides and I, for one, want to hear the other side.

We're leaving saturday on EOS, and have another booked for December. I am SERIOUSLY rethinking the December trip.

Yeah, bad publicity WILL make them lose customers.

Pulling for you Scott! Don't let "The Man" keep you down!

Rumor has it the cruise lines do monitor this board so I am sure they will be looking at it - probably won't acknowledge it but I bet they are aware. As a stockholder, I am embarassed at this true lack of customer service. Scott is owed an explanation and the chance to clear his name or allow his "side" of the story to be heard. RCCL - shame on you. Tell this loyal customer what the problem is.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. RCI should be ashamed for the way in which they are handling this situation. I'm sure there are two sides to every story, but Scott is really being upfront and honest about himself.

My guess is that this is really something "stupid" that has been placed on his background check (which he is getting for work). It then shows up on the DHS computer lists. Maybe while Scott is at work, he'll be able to find out more.

This may not be any of our business, but it sure is RCI! I'm thinking about buying stock, and this sure would stop me quick after reading this thread. Be considerate and give Scott some information that would help him understand why you have taken it upon yourselves to "blackball" him from cruising RCI, especially days before he is supposed to board!!

If I may offer my theory on this incident, it may be a combination of many of the things OP has told us. I suspect on his background check he had to enter any foreign countries he has visited, I know I always have to.

An investigator looking at all the travelling this young man has done and his young age and occupation may have seen this as a person living beyond his means and vissiting many foreign countries.

This could have raised a red flag on the part of the investigator who, in order to do his job propoerly contacted the security department at RC since that is the line the OP has travelled on the most. Many questions later from the investigator to the security person at RC and based on the rest of his investigation the investigator concludes there is no risk this is just a young man who enjoys travelling and cruising and has a legitimate way to afford it as the OP described many pages ago.

However, the security person at RC flags OP as someone being investigated by the DHS or other agency and declares him a risk to travel on their ships thus he is banned.

Several people have asked why RC won't just tell him it was the DHS and take the heat off themselves. Reason it is not the DHS it is the security department within RC that made the decision, probably based on incomplete information and RC is protecting themselves.

Again, just a theory but I have been through many investigation for my line of work and this is a possibility.

I hope it all gets ironed out and OP has many more happy sailings.

I like this theory but can't he check with his airline and see if his name is on the "list". Has Carnival banned him also?

I would send a certified letter asap to the CEO and politely say that you believe yu must be cofuded with some other passengers.

I mean, you have no reason to lie to us on an anon message board. I mean what are your expenses, plane, travel insurance etc. Are they offerin to cover these. If you have a family member who is an attorney, I would actually have the letter but again, stating that his/her client is being mixed up with someone else?

can you think of anything, such as even an argument with someone on the ship? You will get more information with honey and sugar so try to be proffesional when you call as "it's obviously a mix-up"? Keep us posted.

That's the problem! Scott is not getting any facts from the "other" side. They refuse to discuss details with him.

I agree, there ARE 2 sides and I, for one, want to hear the other side.

It's not that they refuse to discuss details. He says they say that the only way to get information from them is to supeona it. Well then why didn't he immediately move to get a subpeona to get the information? I would think that that would be first priority rather then run to the computer to start a discussion.

Whew, this is a hard thread to stay up to date, hit "reload" and there were 5 more posts!

Celebrity was our first cruise and we've been back 5 times. Recently tried NCL and will be trying Princess in October. We've been wanting to sail RCCL, but this whole thing has really soured me on the whole line. And I've told friends about it as well.

I hope at the very least RCCL gives Scott the information he needs to clear his name. The fact that they won't even tell him WHAT he supposedly did wrong really stinks IMHO.

Good luck to you, Scott. SHAME ON YOU RCCL

For the life of me I can not figure out why RCI will not let him know what he did to be "blackballed". Can any business folks out there care to give any kind of reason that a company like RCI would do this, because any reansonable explaination escapes me.

Good luck to you Scott. I hope you can clear your name with RCI.

I am sorry for Scott but unlike others I don't think this will cause me to change my cruise plans with Royal Caribbean. As said, there are 2 sides to every story and no we are not hearing the other side. But bad things have happened to good people in other industries and that does not keep most of us from using their products or services. I have watched this from the beginning and have said it was awesome Scott so quickly and in the midst of this all was able to 2 two other cruises.....He seems to be bouncing back..........I guess I just don't personally see it changing my plans. Just my very humble opinion.

Scott, speaking as a fellow firefighter, I know first-hand what it is like to be tried, convicted, and executed, and have the accusing party refuse to explain or justify their actions. It sucks. Period. In my case, the fire department I am a taxpayer of (but not the one I work for, and this is before I started working for a department) asked me during a citizens fire class I was attending to keep an observant eye out for fire laws being violated (people parking in fire lanes, blocked exit doors in businesses, etc.). One day, I noticed several cars parked in a marked fire lane - I brought it to both the store's and department's attention, like I was told to do - the department then deemed it an incident, threw me out of their 6-month-long hiring process which was nearing its end, and conveniently waited 6 weeks until I was done helping their current citizens fire class to tell me, acting in those 6 weeks like nothing was wrong. The only thing close to an explanation I ever got was from the fire chief saying "I cannot explain the actions of my chiefs - all I can do is defend their actions". Pretty sad coming from someone who is responsible for not only protecting lives and property in his jurisdiction, but also enforce those same fire laws that I was crucified for.

I hope that RCCL, if nothing else, does better than the fire department my hard earned tax dollars help pay for, and provides you a written explanation for their actions and allows you a process to appeal those actions.

Here's hoping for a quick and amicable resolution to your issue.

he has not been banned from carnival as far as he knows-

he has been reimbursed for the cruises they banned him from- but not the airfare part according to what i have read- all 21 pages so far...............not getting anything done today .....................lol

It's not that they refuse to discuss details. He says they say that the only way to get information from them is to supeona it. Well then why didn't he immediately move to get a subpeona to get the information? I would think that that would be first priority rather then run to the computer to start a discussion.

You're joking, right? I have a lawyer in my immediate family, and would STILL probably contact RCI directly, media outlets, etc. first, before pursuing this matter through courts. Surely you must be aware that the average person does not have easy/free access to a local attorney whenever they desire, and even when they do, how very SLOWLY things often proceed utilizing the appropriate legal channels?

he has not been banned from carnival as far as he knows-

he has been reimbursed for the cruises they banned him from- but not the airfare part according to what i have read- all 21 pages so far...............not getting anything done today .....................lol

Do they refund the same day like that?

I don't understand how RCI can be so sure they have not made a mistake. They happen to the best of us. They should have given a reason, at the very least, for their actions so the "accused" could defend his actions. I hope this thread does not go away - this is something that could happen to any of us. This is horrible treatment.

Archived