3 persons

alberta41

I just contacted our TA and let her know that our son that just graduated college cannot go on the cruise with us. We have paid for 2 adjoining rooms and I was just wondering in order to keep that room what is the percentage that a single cruiser has to pay? We really want to keep that room so that Mom and Dad can be on their own sometimes. Our other son that is going is 18. Anyone else have the same scenario?

Usually it is 150%. 100 percent of the first fare and 50% of the commissionable part of the second fare. But each ship may have a different setup. The newer the ship or higher in demand, the higher the percentage might be.

Why not see if your other son has a friend that might want to go along. Have him pay the name change fee and the remainder of the 50%.

Dave

Hi there,

Just talked with our TA, the rate is 200% for a single so she said at this point keep it that our other son is going and hopefully we'll find a friend to go and just pay the $50.00 name change fee. I am to let her know no later than a week before sailing, if we can't find someone then the fare will just roll over to our son that is going...Does this make any sense. Hope so...Anyone looking to cruise with a 18yo? LOL!!!

Archived