Drink Inclusive

StefanieMS

Would you like all your drinks included in the price?  

907 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like all your drinks included in the price?

• Domestic Beer and Wine only
    • Imported and domestic Beer and Wine
    • House liquor, plus domestic Beer and Wine
    • Top Shelf liquor, Imported Beer and Wine
    • I want the mother load. Free Cappuccino, Espresso, Top shelf and Imoports

It most certainly shouldn't be included in the price for everyone. That's why I thought it was odd all the non-drinkers were getting all flustered and bothered. I took it to mean it would be an add-on package - like some that are offered at resorts. For instance, I went somewhere in the Bahamas last year and you could OPT to buy an All-Inclusive package for something like $80/night and that included all drinks and all food. Of course food wouldn't be an issue on a cruise, but you get the picture.

One big problem would be people who get this package buying drinks for others - that would worry me if I were running a Cruise line. Plus, the big drinkers would drink anyway and probably end up spending a LOT more. Where Carnival could make their money is on people who get the all inclusive but end up not drinking that much - but really, how likely is that???

If you think about it, it's just not a good business move. Unless of course it would be to draw more people from other cruise lines who don't offer it, but Carnival is at full capacity anyway, aren't they? I love to drink (on a cruise) so that would be Great

Because we all drink different drinks and in varying amounts, some people none at all, I think this would be a solution that everyone could live with... Why can't we prepay any extra amount we'd like for beverages when we purchase our fares. If the cruise line would give us a discount, say 12-15%, this would seem a win-win for all of us. I would prepay $100., if I knew I would save $12.-15. by doing so.. It could be applied to your S&S card and would keep deminishing as you proceeded to drink it away.. Sound Good?

For those who don't want to pay for those who drink alcohol because you don't drink, why must I pay for those who wish to consume 2 dinners? I rarely eat breakfast, I also don't drink juice, lemonade, milk, etc., yet in a way I'm still paying for that too.:rolleyes:

Stefanie

I vote for having all-inclusive, maybe have the option of paying for all-inclusive or not. Or maybe certain ships are all-inclusive ships. I like the idea on being able to go and not worry about money after you have paid for your trip. I think it would be very popular. One of these cruise lines should give it a try.

My wife and I probably drink more alcohol than many others that cruise - I like my gin and tonic and she prefers white wine - I don't believe non drinkers should have to pay a higher fare to subsidize our indulgence. I do feel that all non alcoholic drinks should be included in the fare and I wish some cruise line who institude an alcohol card at a fair price for us drinkers - most ships have soda cards - do the same for alcohol.

Although the cost of alcohol could jack up the price of your cruise and not all passengers drink, maybe there could be a "Alcohol Free" and "All Inclusive" package which would be controlled on the Sign and Sail. Just a thought IMHO

Here's the funny thing that's related to the business costs of the All Inclusive: My business does 3-4 wedding receptions per weekend. Almost 1/2 of them opt for the all inclusive package including drinks due to budget reasons. We make a killing off every one of them! We try to tell folks to buy based on consumption, not the package, but budget and the sure thing on price matters more often to those spending a pretty penny. I look at vacations the same way for myself and alot of others- I want to know exactly how much it costs up front- not oooppps, I had 15 drinks, 8 specialty coffees, and 5 cookies and now I can't afford my S&S bill...

A specialty coffee actually costs the cruiseline more than any alcoholic drink well or call brand- we're not talking about Louis here :) Food cost runs about 30-38% for alot of places, while the cost of liquor only about 17%, Wine and Beer (unless it's tap) about 30%. It's cheaper for the cruiselines to serve up lots of booze than the 6 meals per day give or take a bit.

SoloAlaskanCruiser, Not sure, but was told the Carnival "Beverage Package" is only offered to groups of 50 or more( I believe our group last year had over 100 members),also don't know how much was added to the cost of the cruise, but will try to find out from our TA and respond here. Sgriff17, when we received our "beverage cards" (similar to a SnS card) we were informed that if we tried to use it to get drinks for someone else the card would be confiscated . Hope this helps. Paul

I think the group has to be 50 people in one group for the all alcohol card. Each person pays 50 bucks a day upfront. If you have that many people ask your agent. Cant imagine how it works. wonder if you can get a round for non paying cruisers?

My vote: leave it the way it is- can youimagine the price of a cruise if it became all inclusive? im not a drinker and dont think I would cruise if I had to pay for something I dont use.

Well, like many, many people have said if they did insitute it, they wouldnt want it across the board take it or leave it style. So all of you who keep saying, I" dont wanna pay for something I dont do" are really barking in the wind :D

I wouldnt opt for the package though. I like to drink, but im not a very heavy drinker so 10-15 or so drinks may be all that I purchase over the length of the cruise. But for my friends who can drink a whiskey and coke like water, this would be something they would definately be interested in :D

We are going on a Cruise Critic group cruise in October (Saints and Sinners). We have a cat. 6A O/S double booked for $820. Someone else in my group is booked through a local TA and is not part of the C/C group. He is paying an all inclusive rate of $1,380 for the same stateroom and is traveling as a single. That translates to about $700 for alcohol for five days and yes, he asked if he could buy for others.His TA told him as long as he doesn't buy a drink every five minutes he could.:D Max amount for drinks is $5.75 ea. Anything else is not covered. We will know after the cruise if it is a deal or not.;)

All inclusive could be an option. For people like me that do not drink, it would not be beneficial. This is one reason I do not go to all-inclusive resorts. It is a waste of my money. I tried it once and thought of the money I wasted because I only drank sodas.

[quote name='selucrey'][font=Arial Black][size=3][color=red]We are going on a Cruise Critic group cruise in October (Saints and Sinners). We have a cat. 6A O/S double booked for $820. Someone else in my group is booked through a local TA and is not part of the C/C group. He is paying an all inclusive rate of $1,380 for the same stateroom and is traveling as a single. That translates to about $700 for alcohol for five days and yes, he asked if he could buy for others.His TA told him as long as he doesn't buy a drink every five minutes he could.:D Max amount for drinks is $5.75 ea. Anything else is not covered. We will know after the cruise if it is a deal or not.;) [/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]
He is single booked though, that accounts for one reason why his ppp is a bit higher. But that is one heck of a lot $$$ for alcohol, hope he can try to get his monies worth.

[quote name='Host Terry']Alcohol does not make or break a cruise for me. My wife usually has a glass of wine or two on a cruise and the the few drinks I have sure would not make a difference. I say keep the price low and make the drinkers pay for their own drinks![/QUOTE] [color=Navy][size=3][font=Comic Sans MS][i]Ditto that, Terry.

I love it when the lushes pay for part of my cruise. :D :D :D
[/i][/font][/size][/color]

DID you friend have to pay double the costs of drinks too because he was single? I understand about single supplement but dont think he should pay double the price for a drink package. 700.00 for drinks...wow

[quote name='serene56']DID you friend have to pay double the costs of drinks too because he was single? I understand about single supplement but dont think he should pay double the price for a drink package. 700.00 for drinks...wow[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]I don't think his single situation had anything to do with the drink costs.$700 IS a lot for drinks.That's around 120-150 drinks depending on cost per drink. :eek: I might be persuaded to help him out though.:D [/color][/size][/font]

:D Judging the poll results, Carnival has a lot of "top shelf" drinkers. You are all my type of cruisers LOL.

I guess carnival cruisers shop at walmart so that they can spend their money on the good stuff!:rolleyes:

Stefanie

[quote name='StefanieMS']:D Judging the poll results, Carnival has a lot of "top shelf" drinkers. You are all my type of cruisers LOL.

I guess carnival cruisers shop at walmart so that they can spend their money on the good stuff!:rolleyes:

Stefanie[/QUOTE]
Stefanie, you sound like are type of cruiser as well! :)

Archived