Cabin Fore or Aft?

jpg1747

I originally booked my cruise (Triumph 11/17) with Cabin 2211. After reading the boards, I changed to Cabin 2445. Any comments on which end of the ship is better? It looks like 2445 is the better cabin - bigger and with a window instead of portholes. My main concerns are noise and ship movement. Thanks.

if i'm looking at the deck plan correctly, you now have one of the two aft cabins which adjoins a crew staircase. i almost got this same cabin on a higher deck for liberty, but didn't b/c i cldn't get a second cabin close. the room does look bigger, here. but, i have never stayed in one of these cabins, so i can't say how noisy (or not) it is.

perhaps someone who has stayed in one of these can give you the specifics on just how much activity goes on on those stairs. i do believe there have been threads on these cabins, albiet maybe not your exact cabin, but the type of cabin nonetheless.

2445 is a handicapped cabin and you might get moved elsewhere IF someone really needs it. Those cabins are "larger" because they have room for the wheelchair to move about the cabin. The closet has lower racks, the sink is lower the shower can be wheeled right into from the wheelchair. Personally, I am surprised you could book it but it maybe changed before you sail. You amy want to pick a different cabin so you won't end up in a really bad location. I know some folks try to book the H/C cabins but why? There are too many people that really do need them. Now, if you book last minute and luck out with one, that is way different.

OPPS!!!! This is what I get for reading too quickly while on break!!!! That cabin IS NOT H?C. SORRY!!!! Hope I did not cause too much stress. AGAIN, sorry!!!!! GREAT deal you got by the way!!!1

We were Forward on The Valor, very near the 2211. When the anchor was dropped it was VERY LOUD and the room shook (think earthquake). The thrusters were also quite noisy when docking and on one night when the water was a little choppy we were able to hear the ship "slamming" the water. Of course these issues were minor and did not affect the wonderful time we had, but I would seriously consider paying extra not to be forward in the future. Just my opinion though.

ewww...a search just turned up that 2211 has an upper and a lower configuration. who are you travelling with? i wld say you wldn't want this. not very desirable. don't go back to 2211.

Bed configuration is not a problem - I'm sailing solo.

• 2 months later...
We were Forward on The Valor, very near the 2211. When the anchor was dropped it was VERY LOUD and the room shook (think earthquake). The thrusters were also quite noisy when docking and on one night when the water was a little choppy we were able to hear the ship "slamming" the water. Of course these issues were minor and did not affect the wonderful time we had, but I would seriously consider paying extra not to be forward in the future. Just my opinion though.

On the Holiday it is the opposite. The anchor dropping, the engine vibrations etc... is all in the rear of the ship. I have been on the Holiday six times and have never had a noise problem in the forward cabins. The only reason I know personally about the vibrations & noise is because Kids Camp is in the very back on the Holiday and my little girl practically stays there the whole cruise. I have to beg her to stay with me. She would much rather be doing fun & games with kids her age.

2445 is a handicapped cabin and you might get moved elsewhere IF someone really needs it. .

Sorry Sandy Toes, this is not a Designated HC cabin. The only one in the Cat.1a category is 1405 as it has the correct dimensions for a Wheel Chair.

Fred

I have stayed numerous times in 2462 and 2465 on the Liberty and Valor which are in the same spot as 2444 and 2445. on the Victory and Triumph. There is no noise at all from the stairway. It is a quieter room since it is recessed from the hall. You will have more room and it does not vibrate from the engines. I will be staying in 2444 on the Victory in a few weeks and I am looking forward to it.

Archived