Deck 8 on Majesty

I am curious as well. I'm getting ready for my third time on the Monarch (sister to the Majesty) and would love to sail on her even more than once a year. The deck 8 cabins are the cheapest ocean view. Cheap is good, especially if I want to cruise more often!

From what I recall deck 8 is right about where the lifeboats hang. Deck 7 is where the muster drill is. The cabins on deck 9 are just above the life boats. I don't know if the boats hang right in front of the deck 8 windows or just above them. I was speaking with a fellow passenger about 2 years ago who was on deck 8. He said that he could lie in the fold out upper bunk and look out the window. Are the windows on deck 8 higher up on the wall?

The cheap and curious want to know:D

I don't know if that is worth saving just 20bucks. Of course we won't be in the cabin very much. We had an SO on the Majesty in Feb and I only remember looking out for a minute or so in the morning. Decisions...decisions....:confused:

Thanks for the picture!

DH, and I had a Deck 8 obstructed view cabin on the Majesty in February, and it didn't bother us at all, you could still see daylight, the lifeboats from the deck above just covered a small portion of the window.

Our reason was that we had been on the Freedom in a JS the previous October, wanted another cruise so price was an issue. Had a wonderful time.

Majesty is a beautiful ship.

You are not in your room that much for it to make a difference.

DH, and I had a Deck 8 obstructed view cabin on the Majesty in February, and it didn't bother us at all, you could still see daylight, the lifeboats from the deck above just covered a small portion of the window.

Is the window at normal window height, or is it up higher on the wall?

Other than price, one more thing that may make me do a deck 8 is that they disembark from the top down, deck 8 will be off pretty early. While I HATE to leave my cruise, I also hate to just sit around and wait for hours, too.

Some of the rooms have better views. I know there was a thread that listed them. We just got off from 8572. Our view was between the boats, so we had a great view! Well worth the few extra dollars.

IMO, the best thing going for the deck 8 outside cabins is not so-much that they're a few bucks cheaper, but that they're so much higher-up on the ship (5 to 6 decks higher than the nect outside categories). If you look at a complete deckplan, deck 8 is smack-dab in the middle of the ship (vertically-speaking) and being there makes it a lot easier/quicker to get around.

Also IMO, a big reason why folks take an outside cabin is to avoid the possible claustrophobia (sp?) of being in an inside cabin. The deck 8 cabins let enough light in to not feel cooped-up and are an economical alternative.

Bon voyage everybody!

:D

Some of the rooms have better views. I know there was a thread that listed them. We just got off from 8572. Our view was between the boats, so we had a great view! Well worth the few extra dollars.

I have the list of better view cabins on Monarch, I didn't post it, because I'm not sure if they are the same on Majesty.

But here it is for Monarch:

Monarch Deck 8- minimally obstructed views

8008 8508

8030 8530

8032 8532

8034 8534

8036 8536

8038 8538

8048 8548

8050 8550

8060 8560

8072 8572

8084 8584

8096 8596

Me and my friends are staying in several of these on my Scrapbooking cruise in February, so hopefully I can get some pictures.

I know this thread is about Deck 8 on the Majesty, but does anone have any info or pictures of the cabins on Deck 9 since they are also obstructed. Any input would be wonderful.

Deck nine cabins are right above the lifeboats, you can see straight out, but not down.

Here is a picture of 9032, which is between the lifeboats, otherwise you see the tops of the lifeboats. Plus deck 9 cabins are larger.

254014513KzGjel_th.jpg

We had an obstructed deck 8 cabin on Majesty. At the time it was a very last minute booking so I thought I was getting a room that hadn't sold for that reason but it wouldn't bother me at all to book one again.

The window was at chest level,you could look out at the sea and the landscape but if you looked up you could only see the bottom of a lifeboat. It was fine.:)

Mommy 0000:

We had a SOV deck 9 cabin a couple weeks ago on the Majesty and loved it. Significantly bigger than the OV or insides on this class ship; worth it to us.

You can look out very well, just not directly down. Even if the lifeboats weren't there, the cabin is stepped back.

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Archived