What is the best food on RC Freedom?

BarberGirl

Hello,

I have never cruised before, and don't know if I will ever get to again. So I am going to make the BEST of our cruise. Can everyone please tell me the best of the best to look for on the Freedom of the Seas.

Thank you!:)

Congrats on your first cruise, you will surely have a fantastic time on Freedom. Honestly I cant remember the "best" food that I had on Freedom simply because I am allergic to nuts and shellfish so I was banned to mostly pasta and marinara and sherbet for dinner but.. wait.. No... Freedom had the first ceasar salads that I have ever liked, and they are INCREDIBLE! Sorrentos or whatever it is called is fairly good, but the mozzarella and tomato salad there is AMAZING! and the sherbet at dinners are suprising good.. Have fun, and remember, if you ride the flowrider, wear a tshirt and shorts over your swimsuit, or you could accidently moon people! (I did and I was wearing a VERY coving tankini, it grabs your pants and pulls em down)!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you go to Portofino's you have to order the Tiramiso, the presentation is incredible. There's a shrimp dish Tiger Shrimp I believe that's to die for.

The Grand Marnier souffle as well as the creme brulees are very good too, those are in the dining room.

We really enjoy most of the chilled soups.

d

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just came back from a cruise on Freedom last week. I loved two different appitizers. The onion tart served in the main dining room was great. In fact we bought the cookbook just to get that recipe. The other was a shrimp and crab cake we got at Chops Grille. Asked the chef for the recipe and he was kind enough to give me the list of ingredients but not the amounts or directions. So now the testing begins. My children loved the pizza at Sorrentos. Am in post cruise depression right now.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I went last summer, so it's been a while... but I definitely remember loving the garlic tiger shrimp in the dining room. Also, the lamp chops were amazing, mine just fell right off the bone, it was perfect.

By far my best meal on the Freedom was in Portifino's though. On embarkation day we checked the nights activites and there was a ad for a "Murder Mystery Dinner." We all thought it would be fun and it was definitely a great choice to take part in. It's $50 a person, but I would say it's worth it. You start off in Olive Or Twist (the Martini Bar) and are served appetizers and champange (included in the cost of dinner) and the "mystery" begins. Then it moves into the restaurant, and we had a wonderful dinner and a great show to watch and take part in. They never let our wine glasses get empty either, I got pretty drunk actually! And the best part was that at the end you have to guess "who dunnit" and whoever wins got a big basket of RCCL logo stuff. Well the friend that I went with won, and the basket had 2 of everything so she gave me one of everything. Great night, highly recommended!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived