Suite addicted!

joyride

If you get into the priority check in line as a suite passenger are you then taken onboard before every one else for pre cruise drinks and snacks.

Thanks

Christine

The priority check in line is labeled Platinum/Elite or something like that. It doesn't say priority check in. You have to already know that Platinum/Elite means priority.

To clarify - you do have to leave the cabin to use the free internet! But, it was so fun on the Crown to pop down to the International Cafe and grab a couple of fresh hot chocolate chip cookies to take into the Internet Cafe with me!!

I noticed no difference in the check in lines for Suites/Priority in San Juan. In fact, there were about 3 or 4 people ahead of us and if we had gotten in the Aloha Deck line we would have gotten checked in faster. And, no Mhugcat - no special boarding with pre-cruise drinks and snacks. But, when we got to the suite we did get a whole bottle of champagne. As far a disembarkation, we had a rain forest tour, so we had an early number and just went straight from our cabin off the ship. We didn't even use the disembarkation lounge.

There is a DVD library that you can choose from to watch in suite movies. We did not use this, we brought some DVDs from home that we hadn't watched yet. I did enjoy hanging out in the Suite - but not enough to sit there and watch a whole movie - not with MUTTS out on the deck with popcorn & drinks!! :):)

Well, I just booked a Suite for our CB cruise on the Fall/New England trip next year. I went with AFT again!

Seal - have a great time on the TP!! Can't wait to hear all about it - hope your thumb gets better fast!

"Well, I just booked a Suite for our CB cruise on the Fall/New England trip next year. I went with AFT again!"

Hi Joyride!!

Thanks again for your response on the pre-boarding. What month are you cruising NE/Canada next fall? We are booked on the CB for the October 12, 2008 sailing out of NYC. It'll be for our anniversary (Oct 14th) and DH knows nothing about it yet. SURPRISE!! :D We have just a mini-suite for that cruise - got a GREAT deal on the cabin (E726) and just couldn't turn it down. Half a suite is better than none!! Bet I'll miss the free laundry service though....

Happy Cruising!! :)

On the Crown we were in A751 - great suite - huge balcony, no wind, no noise from anywhere.

I have booked C748 for the CB New England Trip. Our friends grabbed the AFT Balcony cabin C752 and we were going to stay in the Suite next door (C750). But, I read it has the big obstruction on the balcony - so we moved over one to C748. A few folks have talked about the vent noise from the AC on C748 - but I'm not worried about it. We wanted to be lower (in case it's rockin & rollin in the Atlantic) and on Caribe with our friends - that's why we made this choice. C748 does not have an obstruction on the balcony.

luvstotravel - we were originally booked on the 10/12/08 CB cruise but switched to 10/5. We plan to do the cruise first and then spend some time around New England on land the week after.

On the Crown we were in A751 - great suite - huge balcony, no wind, no noise from anywhere.

I have booked C748 for the CB New England Trip. Our friends grabbed the AFT Balcony cabin C752 and we were going to stay in the Suite next door (C750). But, I read it has the big obstruction on the balcony - so we moved over one to C748. A few folks have talked about the vent noise from the AC on C748 - but I'm not worried about it. We wanted to be lower (in case it's rockin & rollin in the Atlantic) and on Caribe with our friends - that's why we made this choice. C748 does not have an obstruction on the balcony.

luvstotravel - we were originally booked on the 10/12/08 CB cruise but switched to 10/5. We plan to do the cruise first and then spend some time around New England on land the week after.

Hi Joyride!

Sorry we will have missed each other by a week on the NE sail. I would've loved to have met up with you - maybe some other cruise. It sounds as if we enjoy traveling to the same places. We are thinking about the Panama Canal....

We have Suite C-750 on the Sapphire for our Australia cruise - it doesn't appear to have any obstruction on the balcony - different ship, I guess. We will have a blast regardless!!

Thanks again for all the updates...can't wait to get going. 38 days and counting!

Happy Cruising :D

I'm very envious - Australia/New Zealand is definitely on my short list of must do cruises! The flight over is going to suck - but other than that, I'm sure it will be awesome!

Have a great time and I look forward to your review! I think that C750 on the Sapphire may have the beam since it is a Grand Class ship - but I really don't know. I'm sure it won't damper your cruise exprience either way. To be honest - we didn't really hang out much on our balcony except when we had folks over for drinks and for breakfast. I'm sure you will love the SUITE

I have a suite booked on the Golden Princess - E733 a Vista Suite.

Has anyone stayed in this suite? I know it has the beam, but from pictures I've seen it's not a big deal. It's also one of the larger VS and even PS suites.

This is actually your first cruise? And you are starting with a Suite? Good for you, you might as well start at the top - why waste time. You will love it!

I can't think of anything else to say!

In EXACTLY one year from today I'll be getting on the CB for my first suite! It's my fiance's first cruise ever and it's also where we're getting married (the boat, not the suite), so that's how I'm justifying the splurge. I love reading about what everyone liked about the suites. It gets me even more excited.

JOYRIDE, what cabin # were you in? Many threads talk about the aft balconies. they either have an obstruction or vent noise? Any info?

The approx 968 Sq Ft Aft Suites, or Reg Aft Balconies for that matter, on the Pacific, Tahitian or Royal, Do Not have any problem obstruction or vent noise or smell or smoke or excessive vibration!:D

My Best!

Bill (Jot)

Live on the Pacific Princess(Day 24)

This is actually your first cruise? And you are starting with a Suite? Good for you, you might as well start at the top - why waste time. You will love it!

I can't think of anything else to say!

Yes, my first cruise and it will be in a suite. I'm excited. :D

I'm too lazy to go back and read--I thought that you mentioned that you decided to get a suite on the TP

We're in 6088--WONDERFUL--6091 is on the opposite corner

Can you imagine too,too much hanging space etc.

I believe that these suites are larger--they run from just under 1,000 sq ft

This is first formal tonight--we're not going--but, we wil have the Ultimate Balcony Dinner--of course it's be raining--We do have a diming table inside if need be.

Hope all is well

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from cruise on TP--Suite was wonderful--6088--just under 1000'--large Deck back and side--got real lucky the CD--Neil Chandler hosted our second sailaway from Bora Bora with Champagne and more appetizers than we could use--both parties were taken care of by room service--setting up both tables--glasses--wine buckets--ice--etc--it's really great that they clean up--I haven't gone back to read--but you either have the suite on this one or are still thinking about it--or on a wait-list

Hope all is well with you-

Nancy

We had only 6 or 7 couples of CC on the roll call--no one showed up for the first meeting--we accidently with 3 couples on an excursionn in Papette and 6 couples a day later that were CC, also--with only about 50 posts--this CC Roll Call really got together often--we picked up a few more people along the way--had a great time

:D :D :D :D :D

Yes, my first cruise and it will be in a suite. I'm excited. :D

We booked an OS on our very first cruise (Pacific Princess) and it totally spoilt us. We have had a suite every cruise since - have one on TP in July and have just booked Silverseas Vietnam cruise in March - also suite.:D

Jane;)

Joyride - felt the same addiction last September on the Pacific Princess - 16 days from Bangkok to Bombay. Had the stern suite on the starbord side, deck seven. OMG! Aside from problem with our steward (fired him after he just couldn't help us) the trip was great. Having the second bath and sitting area, not to mention the HUGE wraparound deck made for some great views and evening dinners for just the two of us. Other nice feature was the laundry service. Greatly helped lighten the packing load (especially if you consider we went another five days afterwards to see the Taj and interior of India and took a mid-cruise shorex to Angkor Wat). The marble master bathroom was the first time we could actually streatch out inside on a cruise ship. Nice. If Princess offers the itineary again - jump on it! It wa the trip of a lifetime.

Booked a mini for our next trip in January on the Island Princess (hoping for the upgrade gods to prevail in our favor).

You know what they say, "Once you go suites - you can never go back!"

Zouave

Archived