Early disembarking question ?

kwzoom

Can you leave the boat one stop before the end of the cruise ...in the US. We live in Key West and are looking at the Wind cruise that starts in Barbados and ends in Ft Lauderdale...last stop is Key West. We would love to just get off then and not have that long drive home. Has any one done that ??

I don't know how they handle this in the US. But I remember a cruise a few years ago on the Silver Cloud. It started in Lisbon and was supposed to end in London but my mom and I disembarked one day earlier in St. Malo/France.

The reason for this was we could drive home to Germany from there instead of flying from London.

So just check with Silversea but I think it shouldn't be a problem

Except in places where immigration/security laws require otherwise, I think you can disembark in any port where the ship docks (rather than tenders). Silversea offers "personal voyages" for which you can choose any docking port for embarkation/disembarkation as long as your voyage is more than five days in length. Of course, if the ship is full as is, Silversea may decline to take such (pre-arranged) personal voyage passengers. So call the cruise line and ask them! I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Our TA has received a fax from Silversea and we can disembark in Key West !! It's a big hassle lots of paper work and probably a wait at customs ,and that's OK.. We heard It's all up to the individual cruise line , most of them won't do it...... but kudos to Silversea !!

Archived