Request change in rooms?

Hi,

Our first cruise - so bear with me. We booked through a TA - we wanted two connecting rooms - TA said that connecting rooms weren't available at that time. The best rate was a guarantee room - so DH went with that instead. We got two guarantee cabins - both are on the same deck - but not really next to each other. One is next to an elevator and there are some public restrooms between that and the other room. Although the TA told us that these were guarantee rooms, nothing like that shows up on our reservation - and we do have cabin numbers. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving our kids in one cabin if we stayed with these same two cabins.

Our cruise leaves June 30th. Do I call RCI directly and try and get the rooms changed so we can get them next to each other? Called the TA - but he says that closer to the cruise date, RCI will accomodate our request and we don't have to do anything..

Thanks.

Hi,

Our first cruise - so bear with me. We booked through a TA - we wanted two connecting rooms - TA said that connecting rooms weren't available at that time. The best rate was a guarantee room - so DH went with that instead. We got two guarantee cabins - both are on the same deck - but not really next to each other. One is next to an elevator and there are some public restrooms between that and the other room. Although the TA told us that these were guarantee rooms, nothing like that shows up on our reservation - and we do have cabin numbers. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving our kids in one cabin if we stayed with these same two cabins.

Our cruise leaves June 30th. Do I call RCI directly and try and get the rooms changed so we can get them next to each other? Called the TA - but he says that closer to the cruise date, RCI will accomodate our request and we don't have to do anything..

Thanks.

We too need/wanted connecting rooms for our June 17th cruise and booked with a TA. So RCCL wouldnt talk to us, HOWEVER, after a computer error that moved us away from our kids (4 cabins) all on it's own, we called RCCL and asked for a supervisor who was shocked at what had happened and was able to put us in cabins side by side. So if you call RCCL, ask first thing for a supervisor, you might have to say your TA is giving you grief for them to assist you though. Explain your kids are too far away and they might help you.

Let us know how it turns out!

good luck!:)

p.s. it is better sooner than later becuase closer there is no guarentee they will have cabins to move it to!

Sounds to me like you have a lazy TA.......they / he should be fixing your concern if they really are a TA. Get it done as soon as possible for the reason previous poster said.....the longer you wail the less choices are available. Good luck :)

I am a TA...I would recommend calling your TA and telling them you don't want to wait. What most likely will happen, if there are two rooms close to each other, you probably will have to pay additional money since you originally booked guarantee rooms. It does sound as if you were aware that the rooms may not be together when you booked the guarantee for the lower rate. (I'm sorry if I am wrong with that conclusion). When you originally booked, were there rooms available near each other even though they may not have been connecting? Sometimes, you have to look at different categories to get rooms near each other.

Let me know what ship and category you are looking at and I will be happy to check the rooms for you.

Nothing yet. My husband does better with these calls - so I am hoping he'll get this done when he gets back this weekend.

Yes, we did realize that guarantee cabins would be a problem if we wanted connecting cabins. But I am not sure we have guarantee cabins in the end anyway - we knew cabin numbers as soon as we booked and nothing on them says guarantee - so perhaps we just got regular cabins?? We also paid the entire cruise amount when we booked..don't know if that affected the picture in any way...

We are on the Legend of the Seas - sailing 30th June from Rome. We have inside cabins on deck 6. [ category M I believe].

Archived