No More Discounts On Cruises!!!!!!!

Actually, I think there are many companies that control the retail price of their products. Have you ever priced Oakley or Maui Jim sunglasses? There is no need to shop around as you won't find more than just a few dollars difference. I was told by a retailer that if they discount and the companies find out they would be yanked as an authorized retailer. Often times warrenties are void if you purchase from other than an authorized retailer.

I am sure that there are many more examples out there.

I guess I'm still a little confused about the value added dollar thing. I mean....I see an add on that website right now for a 10 day PC cruise on the Century "from $829pp plus $150 XX value added dollars". How is that not advertising a discounted or rebated price?

I just posted this on the other topic, so here it goes;

It sounds like "MAP" pricing in the retail world, "Minimum Ad Pricing". Some vendors can restrict ad pricing on thier products to retailers. It only applies to advertising though. A good example would be when microsoft introduces a new version of windows, everybody advertises it for $89.99, microsoft sets a MAP price of $89.99 no ads under that price. If you dont advertise it you can sell it for what ever you want, ie; Costco, they always have it for less, thats because they dont advertise. They do this so retailers like wal-mart don't undercut the cost so much that its hard for the little guys to keep up. Sounds like what rccl is doing here, you cant advertise specials below thier price, but you can sell them for less. Just a thought:D

Archived