PRINCESS NEW WAVE snorkel STT??

sunsetme

• 2 weeks later...

Last year on Voyager of the Seas my brother-in-law did the whole SCUBA thing with the ship. It takes time away from your cruise to get certified. I got certified at home in May. Well worth it. Now I can SCUBA on vacation and enjoy it. Also, when you do your open water dives, you won't be able to enjoy the scenery as you are in a class. You also limit yourself from doing other excursions because you are tied to your SCUBA class. If there is no way of getting certified at home, I would take it on the ship then or just wait until you get back. I can't wait to make my first caribbean dive. I got certified in a quarry in VA and the water was murky and 46degrees at 30 feet. Not much fun. Real good experience that I won't forget anytime soon.

I haven't done this excursion. Personally, I'm not a fan of the cruiseline excursions in general. I prefer to make my own arrangements, especially when it comes to diving. If you are interested in doing your own snorkeling, I recommend heading over to Coki Beach. Taxi ride over there, rent gear from http://www.cokidive.com if you don't own your own, and just walk into the water from the beach. There will be plenty of fish to see. You can also so a discover scuba there. It cost $60 and takes place at 9:00, 11:00 and 1:00. Transportation to Coki beach is provided for customers of Coki Beach Dive Club. If you do the 9:00 one, you will easily be done in time to taxi back to the ship for lunch and have the afternoon for other activities. Taxis are available next door at Coral World.

I know this doesn't answer your original question, but I hope it helps anyway.

Archived