Does the Summit have the new Bedding?

Marie50

Just wondering because someone who just took the Hawaii circle on the Infinity said the bedding was awful. Weren't all beds to have been upgraded by now? At least that is what their brochure for Hawaii says.

I am currently on the Summit. She does NOT have the new bedding yet. The assistant chieft housekeeper told me that since the ship won't be going into drydock until next year, the bedding change will take place over a several month time period. The process is supposed to begin in late May or early June. They will be boarding small quantities of bedding materials at a time over the above mentioned period.

Unfortunately, my cruise ends on Saturday morning (5/12/07). We have had a fabulous 14 days stay in one of the eight Celebrity Suites (Cat CS). The bedding in this suite was without problem. We usually stay in a Concierge Class room, and I have to admit that the beds in those do leave a lot to be desired.

One thing of note is that begining with tomorrow's cruise, the Summit will be switching to Celebrity's NEW dining room menus (i.e., post-Michele Reux).

I am currently on the Summit. She does NOT have the new bedding yet. The assistant chieft housekeeper told me that since the ship won't be going into drydock until next year, the bedding change will take place over a several month time period. The process is supposed to begin in late May or early June. They will be boarding small quantities of bedding materials at a time over the above mentioned period.

Unfortunately, my cruise ends on Saturday morning (5/12/07). We have had a fabulous 14 days stay in one of the eight Celebrity Suites (Cat CS). The bedding in this suite was without problem. We usually stay in a Concierge Class room, and I have to admit that the beds in those do leave a lot to be desired.

One thing of note is that begining with tomorrow's cruise, the Summit will be switching to Celebrity's NEW dining room menus (i.e., post-Michele Reux).

So hopefully by the time we cruise in October, there maybe new bedding in the concierge class cabins!!!!!!!!!!

Cruisedoctor, are you saying the process will begin in late May or early June of this year or 2008 (after drydock)? We're cruising on June 16, 2008. I am hoping that the bedding would be replaced by then, but we're in a category 2C balcony cabin, so if they're working their way down the cabin category list, maybe they wouldn't have gotten to 2C by then. Well I can hope, can't I?

--Junglejane

Just off the Summit May 12 after a circle cruise around Hawaii. We had a cc class cabin, bedding was old, but very comfortable. Scheduled to change sometime this year according our our attendent. Just enjoy the cruise, you certainly won't have any problems with the bedding.

Archived