Actual Poll, is it safe to do your own excursion?

bruce-r

Is it safe to do your own excursions?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Is it safe to do your own excursions?

• I only do the Ship's excursions.
    • I never do the ship's excursions. I like to do it myself.
    • I do some of both depending on different factors (please list them in a post)
    • What, I can make my own arrangements? I don't have to go with the ship's excursion?

I book my own excursions 80-90% of the time. The only exceptions are if there is unusual port times (late arrivals or something like that) or if an excursion I want is only offered through a ship (very rare).

Book our own excursions through recommendations from this board. Have used Bruce-Rs a couple times. If I don't find anything here I also search through Scuba Board.

I've never been disappointed and saved enough on some dives to do more and that's what it's all about to us.

Never had a close call but again, I did my research before.

I only ever do shipboard excursions ( except for caymen )they cost more but are more organized plus if you have a problem. Like the motor on the excursion ship dies and u need to get towed to port. It can be communicated to the shore then too the ship. This happened to the afternoon excursion when we were in grand turks.

I always do my own thing ashore. Don't like being herded around and don't like long lines.

Depending upon the port, I might rent a car or use public transportation...or hop a van near the port.

I've never felt threatened, never felt like I was in danger nor suffered any anxiety.....and I'm a solo traveler.

Archived