Grand Cayman excursions

tishie58

Can any of you tell me which beach you prefer in GC? Also, anybody know names of private companies that perhaps do beach and water sports, snorkel etc. There are ten of us and not everyone wants to snorkel or snuba...

We went to Rum Point Beach and LOVED it. Absolutely gorgeous. The water was beautiful, facilities immaculate, food and drinks tasty (but bring the $$ :)), they have a snorkeling excursion that goes out right from the dock there, waverunners and water equipment to rent (I believe Red Sail watersports has a location there as well). The water there was CRYSTAL clear, you definately want to take advantage if you can. There are quite a few pictures in my album, click on the blue link in my signature. Any questions, I'd be happy to answer!

NativeWay Water Sports -- lots of information on the ports of call board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147

I agree....I loved my experience with NativeWay.I sent my parents on a cruise this past Feb and I booked them with NativeWay also....the day of their excursion they were the only people to show and they wound up having a private tour!

Check out the Ports of Call Board for a lot of info on tours in Grand Cayman!

We went with a Carnival sponsored one, but it was to Stingray City, the turtle farm and Hell. I'd skip the Turtles (although, cool to hold one - there are just a bunch of turtles in tanks), and Hell (just a rock formation - also cool if you want to say you've "been to Hell and back" and really mean it! lol

But the stingrays were not to be missed! If your tour guide puts one on your head for a pic...beware of the slurping...ours was sucking up my hair - EEwwwwwww! lol

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Rum Point Beach and LOVED it. Absolutely gorgeous. The water was beautiful, facilities immaculate, food and drinks tasty (but bring the $$ :)), they have a snorkeling excursion that goes out right from the dock there, waverunners and water equipment to rent (I believe Red Sail watersports has a location there as well). The water there was CRYSTAL clear, you definately want to take advantage if you can. There are quite a few pictures in my album, click on the blue link in my signature. Any questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Hi! Loved your pictures. This may be a stupid question but, did you take a taxi to Rum Point on your own or, was it part of a prebooked excursion? If you don't mind, what were the charges for renting a chair (if available) and using the facilities? Thanks in advance!

Just returned did my first non ship excursion with Capt Marvin.It was great his shop and pickup point is 1 block from the tender dock that the Carribean Princess used and we did 3 locations snorkle with my 2 kids 20 &25 and my wife.

Great boat great service and great time.Since we went from10 am -1 pm I had no worry of getting back to ship.I worry of a all day 8 hr non ship excursion when we are in port only 9 hrs but not a 3 hr cruise.

Would recommend Captain Marvin also did the ships stingray sandbar last yr more money and only the stingray sandbar this one was less money and di the stingrays and the corral garden and barrier reef snorkle.

Jeff:D

a Jeep caravan tour. It was a ways from where we tendered in...I imagine between the distance and the price of things, a cab would be expensive. I've heard some deals can be had on rentals cars, though. :) No charge for chairs.

Thanks!!!

Archived