Table of four is now a table for two

Greetings all. Our travelmates will not be able to go with us next September. Last year when we went on NCL we always had the "table for 4." Now...we're down to just the two of us. This is a 15 night cruise and while I would like to have a few meals with just the two of us, I'd also love to meet some new folks and would not mind sharing a table with others.

How can this be done on NCL? Do we tell the seater when we arrive at the restaurant or is that a question they normally ask when it's just two being seated?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Ciao,

W A W W

On our last cruise on the Dawn, (DH and I), we were never asked if we wanted to be seated with others for dining.

But if you want to, you can ask to be seated with others or allow others to join you.

On the Spirit in March, we were never asked if we would like to share a table. (Fine with us...loved the tables for two as they were always at the window!)

If you're interested, sign up for the Murder Mystery Dinner...it's fun, and you will be at a table of 6-8 that night.

WAWW

Get yourself to the roll call - a great place to meet some folks you might enjoy a dinner or two with. The beauty of freestyle if you meet others onboard who's company you enjoy you can always meet for dinner. And finally as posted if you ask to be seated with others they will try and put a table together with others who want the same thing.

Have you joined your roll-call? We've found that to be a wonderful way to meet people. On our last two cruises, we've probably eaten with friends from our roll-call 3 or 4 nights, and alone the other nights.

We've also asked for shared tables on occassion, but we've normally had better luck with that at breakfast or lunch than we have at dinner time. Even when we say we're interested in sharing a dinner table, they'll set us at a larger one, but we've ended up being the only ones at the table most of the time.

My first trip on the Dawn, they always asked us to share a table, but since then they only asked once or twice!

WAWW! Great to see you cruising again. Where are you off to now?? I'm sailing the Sun from Miami Nov 10th! Have a great trip!!

Kelly

WAWW

Get yourself to the roll call - a great place to meet some folks you might enjoy a dinner or two with. The beauty of freestyle if you meet others onboard who's company you enjoy you can always meet for dinner. And finally as posted if you ask to be seated with others they will try and put a table together with others who want the same thing.

I learned all about that last year when I came here as a total novice. And it worked out very well. Went to the CC meeting - and immediately had other folks to greet during our cruise. However only a few folks have signed on this time - maybe 12 at most. I'm not sure why it isn't visited by more but such is life. I really thought that more would post - it will be the Pearl's first West/East Canal transit and it's always nice, for me at least, to be one of the first (as you most assuredly know from bringing her across the pond Jim - btw, your blog was one terrific read).

Perhaps more will participate when we get closer. Time will tell.

Ciao,

W A W W

My first trip on the Dawn, they always asked us to share a table, but since then they only asked once or twice!

WAWW! Great to see you cruising again. Where are you off to now?? I'm sailing the Sun from Miami Nov 10th! Have a great trip!!

Kelly

Hello stranger! How are you doing? For others reading this - Kelly started the roll call I joined for my first NCL cruise - she arranged for the CC party and was my go-to person for every one of my many many questions. I could never thank her enough for her assistance - every suggestion/recommendation she gave us was just perfect!

Kelly, our Dawn cruise was so terrific that we signed up for another NCL sojourn...we'll be going on the Pearl, out of LA, through the Canal, and ending up in Miami. It's just going to be the two of us however, as our travelmates will not be able to make it.

K - where are you off to next?

Terrific to hear from you!!!

Ciao,

W A W W

I'll bet you get more participation as the time gets closer. I know that they had quite an active roll-call for the Pearl's east-west PC cruise that ended recently.

We've found dining companions in other strange places, too. On our last Jewel cruise, we ended up waiting in line by a very nice couple that we ate 2 or 3 meals with, and they ended up tagging along with us to the roll-call functions, even though they hadn't known about cruise critic before.

We're in kind of the same place you are this year. It's the first time that we haven't cruised with either family or friends that we knew before the roll-call. I'm hoping that some of our roll-call companions will want to join us, too!

I learned all about that last year when I came here as a total novice. And it worked out very well. Went to the CC meeting - and immediately had other folks to greet during our cruise. However only a few folks have signed on this time - maybe 12 at most. I'm not sure why it isn't visited by more but such is life. I really thought that more would post - it will be the Pearl's first West/East Canal transit and it's always nice, for me at least, to be one of the first (as you most assuredly know from bringing her across the pond Jim - btw, your blog was one terrific read).

Perhaps more will participate when we get closer. Time will tell.

Ciao,

W A W W

Give the roll call time. We had people joining the two weeks before we cruised. You can asked to be seated with people and the Maitre'd will be happy to seat you with your preferences. :) We had so much fun with our group and the activities we had planned. Having the meet and greet first and then bowling was great. Our dinner was a great way to say good bye. Have fun and enjoy going west to east.

Funny thing, when we went under the Americanas Bridge, there was a great change in the air. Humidity dropped and temps dropped about 10 degrees. Wind was cool. Curious if it happens on the west to east cruise. Let me know, please.:)

Greetings all. Our travelmates will not be able to go with us next September. Last year when we went on NCL we always had the "table for 4." Now...we're down to just the two of us. This is a 15 night cruise and while I would like to have a few meals with just the two of us, I'd also love to meet some new folks and would not mind sharing a table with others.

How can this be done on NCL? Do we tell the seater when we arrive at the restaurant or is that a question they normally ask when it's just two being seated?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Ciao W A W W

Previously, they have asked if we would like to start/join a table for dinner.

We have met MANY couples in the lounges and also on the tenders.

Many great people who will join you for dinner.

I'm certain that you will not have a problem:)

Previously, they have asked if we would like to start/join a table for dinner.

We have met MANY couples in the lounges and also on the tenders.

Many great people who will join you for dinner.

I'm certain that you will not have a problem:)

There is a certain security when you travel with others...there is always someone you know who is there. I'm still new to the cruising world so it was upsettling at first. However now I'm looking towards this as a new adventure and a wonderful opportunity to meet new people. This is why traveling in and of itself, is an education. All one needs to do is actively listen and be observant.

Thanks again for your response.

Ciao,

W A W W

5 of us are going on NCL Sun Nov 10, out of Miami and we are so excited! Don't worry, our roll call isn't very active yet at all! Maybe as we get closer...

I hope you guys have a great trip, enjoy it! I really want to do a canal trip, but I don't have 14 days... maybe some day!

:) Kelly

Archived