Prolific cruisers?

Kapricorn

I've been on a number of cruise lines, so I get newsletters from most of them. A few months ago I received a Carnival newsletter which acknowledged a Florida widow who was on her 5,000th-day cruise with that company in 17 years (which I figure is an average of 10 months at sea per year).

Is there anyone from Celebrity with that kind of record?

I know of a British pensioner who has booked year-round on the Queen Elizabeth 2 for the past several years. Much more interesting than sitting in a rocking chair on a porch! There's a doctor on board anyway. Good for her!

Me ... I go on only six cruises per year, for a total of maybe 45 to 50 days. :(

Donald.

There was a man who was honored at our captains club on the Mercury for his 250th Celebrity Cruise. That is probably good for at least 2000 days.

That will be me when I win the power ball!!

That's really impressive! I recall on my Mercury cruise of January 2004 that a guy was given flowers at the Captain's Reception for his 12th cruise on the ship.

It will depend on who is on each cruise - could be one with 70 days or 700 days, or 10 cruises or 300. Anyone else?

I foresee my 250th Celebrity cruise when I am 328 years old ... :D

I have 35 or 36 cruises (in less than 4 years) and that sometimes puts me in line for the flowers (that's how I look at it since that's what I like about it - a dozen roses to make your cabin smell nice) but hesitate to go up on some cruises (when they ask because I do not always have enough cruises to be asked) because I get a lot of flack on these boards about it. Some people tend to be mean

once they find out you are free to cruise so much. I look at it as a blessing from God.

It's funny because, to me, it's (cruising) just something that I like to do, but let anyone on here get upset with me and I start hearing 'she thinks she's the Queen of the Cruise' and comments in that vein. I really get a chuckle out of these folks because it's so far from the truth but the barbs persist. I actually copy and paste the posts so I can keep them. Once in a while there is a very inventive slam that's really fun! Sadly, most are pretty mundane.

I have 35 or 36 cruises (in less than 4 years) and that sometimes puts me in line for the flowers (that's how I look at it since that's what I like about it - a dozen roses to make your cabin smell nice) but hesitate to go up on some cruises (when they ask because I do not always have enough cruises to be asked) because I get a lot of flack on these boards about it. Some people tend to be mean once they find out you are free to cruise so much. I look at it as a blessing from God.

Tuggers, 35 or 36 cruises in less than four years is truly impressive! If you have the opportunity to enjoy cruising that much, that's no reflection against you.:)

I usually cruise once every two months, a pace which is just right for myself. Some people roll their eyes and ask me, "Another one?" but I don't let that bother me. I just don't rub it in their faces.

Donald.

Archived