Parrot Club is Awesome!!!!

toonjie

I'm coming to you live from San Juan, thanks to everyone who recommended the Parrot Club on this board, we ate there last night and it was awesome. Food and atmosphere are both A+. The desserts we had, creme brule and the spring rolls were to die for! Tonight we hit Tangerine at the Water Club!

Thanks for the update! You are making my mouth water that you're going to Tangerine tonight :) :) It was just outstanding!! The entire hotel is wonderful. Don't forget to hit the roof for drinks.

good to hear. I should be eating their a week from today.

Where is the water club you speak of? is a bar or...

It's in Isla Verde right on the Beach. It's a restaurant on the 1st Level (Tangerine), a bar on the 1st Level and RoofTop (Liquid and Wet). It's a very very cool/trendy place. Please check out their pictures and information. It's a must do IMO... There are also some pictures in my link on my signatures that will show Tangerine, etc. towards the bottom

http://www.waterbeachclubhotel.com/

I'll be sure to write a quick review of Tangerine and our experience at the Water Club. Yes, I plan to hit the bar on the roof for drinks, it sounds awesome. La bombonera was great for breakfast this morning. You have to try the Mallorcas, as everyone says, they are delicious! Toured El Morro and San Christobal today, weather is gorgeous, just took a break from the beach and pool to get online. My fiance is trying her best to pry all the details of what we are doing tonight out of me! I only have a few more hours to hold out! Okay, back to the pool!

I'll be sure to write a quick review of Tangerine and our experience at the Water Club. Yes, I plan to hit the bar on the roof for drinks, it sounds awesome. La bombonera was great for breakfast this morning. You have to try the Mallorcas, as everyone says, they are delicious! Toured El Morro and San Christobal today, weather is gorgeous, just took a break from the beach and pool to get online. My fiance is trying her best to pry all the details of what we are doing tonight out of me! I only have a few more hours to hold out! Okay, back to the pool!

Go ahead toonjie- just keep on rubbing it in!!! ;) :p Enjoy yourself!

After a wonderful meal at Tangerine and a romantic walk through Old San Juan, I proposed in the courtyard of the El Convento Hotel...she said yes!

Okay, so Tangerine was awesome! It is a world-class boutique hotel. You really have to see it to fully understand the description, but you have walls with waterfalls in them, all over the place, even in the elevators! You ascend in an elevator with a waterfall and no roof on it, felt Willy Wonkaish! On the roof there is a bar called Wet and a pool, there are these huge built in couches you can lie on and the servers come right up and bring you your drinks while your reclining on a couch with a gorgeous view of the beach, ocean and the entire city of in the distance. I had a delicious Mojito, my fiance a Pina Colada. We then went down to Tangerine where the food was just incredible. The salad tasted like they just went out back and picked it, the greens literally tasted like they were still growing inside your mouth they were that fresh! I had the lamb and my fiance the chicken breast and both were delicious! The fried cheesecake with pumpkin ice cream was to die for! The atmosphere is on a par with the best in South Beach.

It was an awesome day, I'm exhausted..I feel like our vacation should be ending we've already had so much fun, and it is just beginning! I can't wait to get on the AOS! More reports to follow, we have a 2 day post cruise in Fajardo with Biobay tour so I'll keep you all updated. Locals say temps are around 7-8 degrees above the normal highs. Not a drop of rain the past 2 days.

After a wonderful meal at Tangerine and a romantic walk through Old San Juan, I proposed in the courtyard of the El Convento Hotel...she said yes!

Okay, so Tangerine was awesome! It is a world-class boutique hotel. You really have to see it to fully understand the description, but you have walls with waterfalls in them, all over the place, even in the elevators! You ascend in an elevator with a waterfall and no roof on it, felt Willy Wonkaish! On the roof there is a bar called Wet and a pool, there are these huge built in couches you can lie on and the servers come right up and bring you your drinks while your reclining on a couch with a gorgeous view of the beach, ocean and the entire city of in the distance. I had a delicious Mojito, my fiance a Pina Colada. We then went down to Tangerine where the food was just incredible. The salad tasted like they just went out back and picked it, the greens literally tasted like they were still growing inside your mouth they were that fresh! I had the lamb and my fiance the chicken breast and both were delicious! The fried cheesecake with pumpkin ice cream was to die for! The atmosphere is on a par with the best in South Beach.

It was an awesome day, I'm exhausted..I feel like our vacation should be ending we've already had so much fun, and it is just beginning! I can't wait to get on the AOS! More reports to follow, we have a 2 day post cruise in Fajardo with Biobay tour so I'll keep you all updated. Locals say temps are around 7-8 degrees above the normal highs. Not a drop of rain the past 2 days.

Congratulations on your engagement!! I'm loving your details on your trip so far and am so glad Tanergine was just as good for you, too. Do you get to stop in Dominica??

Archived