Godfrey tour questions

SUNNY D

I was wondering, since we probably won't be the only ones on the tour, does everyone have to agree on one beach to be dropped off at or can we be dropped off at different beaches? We are a party of 4 and want to go to Sapphire, but I wasn't sure how it's handled if other people want to go to a different beach.

Also, it says on godfreys site that the tour includes seeing the castles. Does he actually stop there or is it more like "there it is" as we are driving by?

Lastly, I think I've read that you pay at the end of the tour, how do you make reservations? Does he just put your name down for the requested day with no deposit? Thanks for any replies. :)

When we took a Godfrey tour we were dropped off at one of the beaches, he left and came back 2 hours later to get us.

It wasn't Godfrey himself, but another one of his drivers.

I don't remember the castles on the island tour part ...

We made reservations online. We paid at the end of the tour when we got back to the ship.

I have another question that I hope someone can answer. Godfrey gave us 3 choices of times to be picked up. I selected 10:00 for 2 hours of shopping before the tour. So, we will start the actual tour at 12:00. When do you eat lunch? Do most people squeeze it in before the tour starts? If so, I might should allow 3 hours. Also, any recommendations on restaurants in St Thomas?

Okay, it has been a week, but still current.

Anyway, we had Godfrey and was to meet him at 9. he showed up about 9:20. dropped us off downtown picked us up with other group at noon. He was very informative about the island. We were shown the castles. didnt stop at them. We were taken to the Top of the Mountain. Very nice shopping area, cooler than downtown. But, if you are afraid of heights or subject to motion sickness be forwarned.

Close your eyes and take your ginger before hand.

We stopped at an overlook to megans bay, there were a million mosquitos. So, we did not go to megans bay. We did get dropped off at Coki Beach. Ate lunch there. The water was beautiful, so clear. I was totally amazed. Bring some dogfood with you to feed the fish and they will be all around you. Just be careful for the birds. They will swoop down to pick the dogfood out of the water. You can rent chairs and umbrellas if you want to, we didn't, I spent most of the time just floating in the clear water watching the fish, looking at the rocks/coral/etc. bring the snorkel and mask. Godfrey was the one who picked us up at the end of our time.

He picked us up at the ship at 10:00 am and dropped us off downtown. At noon he picked us up for a 2-hour island tour and dropped us off at Coki beach (no beach charge) from 2pm to 4pm. We would have preferred Meagan's Bay ($3 per person), but the majority of our tour mates brought their snorkel gear and were set on Coki Beach with the clearer water and more abundant fish. The downside of Coki is that it is a small, crowded, relatively unattractive stretch of sand maybe 25% as long as the considerably less crowded, more picturesque, Meagan's Bay. $20 will get you 2 beach lounge chairs (unpadded) and a very large umbrella at Coki Beach.

You can choose to go to any of the beaches. Having been to St. Thomas 3 times now, I HIGHLY recommend Saphire as a first choice (if it is a choice) or Meagan's Bay if it's not. The driver will try to get everyone to one beach, and he will gently suggest Coki is the best choice, but don't buy in. Coki is simply closest to the pier and easiest to pick you up. Go to Saphire. You won't regret it.

Here are more of our Secrets of the Caribbean!

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

These are our very detailed personal reviews, hints, and tips for ports of call that you will be visiting.

Thanks Caribbean Bound for your " secrets" ! We are first timers to St Thomas and St Martin in Sept. Booked Joyce Prince for St Martin and Godfrey for St Thomas. Heard from other CCs Saphire is the place to go especially as I also have my sons ages 8 and 16 with me, and I'm pretty hell bent on going there!:o

I had already booked an afternoon tour. I had contacted Godfrey and was able to get a morning tour. We met at 9:00. He had another group he was taking to the beach. We walked to do a little shopping and reconnected at 9:30. He than took 15 of us around the island. (One thing he does that I really liked is give you a little orange tag that identified your group. There are so many people it would be real easy to get lost in the crowds.) Some of the group wanted to be dropped off, some shop and some return to ship. He set up times to be picked up. I would highly recommend.

Making a reservation was easy. I just emailed Godfrey and he replied the same day confiming our reservation for September. No deposit required, pay for it the day you are there.

We are doing the 9:00 tour and hope like heck we get to go to Sapphire Beach like we want. :) Thanks for everyones replies.

Just got my email from Godfrey for our second tour with him. We so enjoyed it last summer. We are going to stop at a beach, which we didn't do last time. Sapphire was first beach we stopped at, then Meagan's and last Coki. Coki beach was very unattractive from what little I saw. I think this year we will stay at Sapphire for a while.

On our last Godfrey tour we asked to go to Sapphire Beach and when we passed by Coki beach we were glad we chose Sapphire.

Looking forward seeing Godfrey once more this July. Again, we'll ask to go to Sapphire Beach.

On our last Godfrey tour we asked to go to Sapphire Beach and when we passed by Coki beach we were glad we chose Sapphire.

Looking forward seeing Godfrey once more this July. Again, we'll ask to go to Sapphire Beach.

Do you just do shopping and the beach Herb or are you able to get the island tour in too in the time constraints? The Crown Princess leaves at 4 from St. Thomas so I'm a little concerned about the time.

Hi Kim...

godfrey will pick us up at 9am from Crown Princess; then we'll do shopping and from there a tour and then the beach (we asked him to take us to Sapphire). He knows that the Crown Princess sails at 4 pm and knows passengers must be back around 3.

Archived