Live from the Sun

mummsie

Wow what a ride. The ship is beautiful and everything has gone along really well. The only downside is that we didn't get up to the Sawyer Glacier - there was pack ice and we couldn't get through. A good excuse to come back sometime for another cruise. I haven't found anything to fault on the ship except for the usual - too many smoking areas and no laundry. We had to pay $57 to get our undewear and a couple of tshirts cleaned as we are going from here to the Rocky Mountains for another 10 days so didn't have a choice. The weather has been great - very cold for us Aussies but to be expected at this time of the year. The only things I didn't really like at the ports are all the jewellery shops - I can jewellery at home. Scagway was all tourist shops - no real town but I guess that is how its meant to be. We have eaten in the free restaurants every night and can't fault the food or service. Mummsie :D

Sounds great!! I can't wait I am leaving on the SUN in 3 weeks with my Aussie friend, I am already wondering how she is going to find the weather! Do you have any suggestions for us? THings you wish you had packed, clothes you forgot? ANy thing like that?

I will be on the Sun for the July 1st sailing. I was wondering...What do they do at Sail Away? I have only sailed south bound, and there is always a party with calypso music playing. I love the sail away parties.

is the singing hubby and wife team of "twice as Nice" still on the ship? They are the best we had so much fun dancing with them. If they are tell them brick house says hello, i asked them to play that so much because he was an original commodore and that is my most favorite song, they named me that.

is the singing hubby and wife team of "twice as Nice" still on the ship? They are the best we had so much fun dancing with them. If they are tell them brick house says hello, i asked them to play that so much because he was an original commodore and that is my most favorite song, they named me that.

The last time I saw Twice as Nice was on the 2003 Sun cruise through the Panamal Canal for 18 days. You are correct; they were great. I haven't seen them since. Still play their CD about once a month though.

I've cruised on the Sun 6 times since the 2003 cruise and have never seen them again.

Hope to see them again.:)

Sounds great!! I can't wait I am leaving on the SUN in 3 weeks with my Aussie friend, I am already wondering how she is going to find the weather! Do you have any suggestions for us? THings you wish you had packed, clothes you forgot? ANy thing like that?

We were on the Sun the same week. We took gloves, umbrella and binoculars - used them all.

I will be on the Sun for the July 1st sailing. I was wondering...What do they do at Sail Away? I have only sailed south bound, and there is always a party with calypso music playing. I love the sail away parties.

There was a sail a way party on the 3 day on May 3rd - BBQ outside, around the pool, music playing - weather was great.

On the 7 day Alaska on May 6th it was raining pretty hard and the party was moved inside - some to the observation lounge food to the buffet. We didn't go so not sure how it turned out inside.

Has anyone posted a review of the May 6th sailing of the Sun to Alaska?

We leaving on the Sun on May 20th. Our 1st time to Alaska and trying to guess the weather. From what we have seen on CC, prepare to dress in layers, windproof and water proof outer layers is a good idea plus an umbrella.

What were daytime high and lows while in ports?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

jumponboard

Archived