Price Drop - Question about refund check

The price of my cruise went down, so the TA was able to secure the lower price. Since I paid for my cruise with a check, the refund due will be a check. Does anyone have any experience as to the length of time it takes for RCCL to issue the check to the TA (or to me)?

I have been waiting three weeks since the price drop on my JS. RCI told me they had posted it a few days after the price drop but I never received it. Another phone call has promised another check to be ent out.....we will wait and see how long that takes.

Really depends; I had a bad experience with my TA; Carnival issued a refund check and still five months later the TA had sent me nothing; denying 1) I was owed a refund 2) that Carnival sent a check 3) then asserting they had sent me a check and I must have already cashed it!...it was a nightmare to settle.

A financial word of advice: Use a credit card to pay for your cruise. There is then certain proof that you paid, the payment should be directly to RCI *not* to your TA, and if there is a refund forthcoming, it can go straight to your credit card.

(not to mention any points, etc., you get for using your cc)

Credit card used for RCI cruise. Two refunds due to price drops and both showed up within 48 hours. Only way to go.

Another "moral of the story." Price drop on Holland America. Same scenerio. Paid with credit card. Waited a couple of weeks. When I called them, they initially said that it had been done. After I told them that I check my credit card daily and it hadn't been done, they apologized and took care of it within 24 hours (I think they were hoping I would forget).

The reason I didn't use a credit card was that I had already charged 2 cruises and was near my limit. Since this was a very last minute cruise, they wanted payment right away. If I had went to the bank to pay the balance in advance, it wouldn't show up until 48 hrs.

Since the cruise is now over, do I still have to deal with the TA, or can I call RCL directly to "remind" them?

Archived