Motion sickness meds for 7 and 9yr old

Augcruise

We took the bands for our 10 and 16 year-old but never needed them. There are two differnt kinds you can get; one is about $11 the other is much more expensive. We got ours at Target.

Be aware the ReliefBands are VERY different from Sea Bands. ReliefBands are electronic devices and look like a wrist watch. You can adjust the amount of relief you need through the dial.

Sea Bands (the cheap ones) are nothing more than elastic wrist bands with a little ball in them. They didn't do squat for us.

ReliefBands are definitely worth the extra money for us. If you look them up on drugstore.com, read the reviews people have posted there. They're amazing.

our Dr told us to get the sea bands (little ball on pressure point, no drugs)

for the kids last year boys aged 8 & 6 we only had to put them on them 1 night!

we also take them for ourselves in addition to the ear patch as a back up!

june

My kids both get TERRIBLE car sickness but have never been sea sick. Bonine is great for us, but it hasn't been tested on children younger than 12. We use chewable Dramamine, which is safe for children 2 and older. (Note that Non-Drowsy Dramamine is the same thing as Bonine.) I tried the Sea Bands once on a cruise, but they didn't help me as much. My wrists are very small, and I just couldn't seem to get them settled in the right place. Ask your pediatrician/doctor what s/he recommends. Most likely, your children won't need anything for sea sickness, but you want to be prepared, just in case.

Just returned from the Legend today and travelled with 3 kids ages 8,11 and 12. We hit hurricane Alex and had 12 foot swells. Very rough. Everyone was vomiting. I used the sea bands along with something I bought on the internet called Motion Eaze. This is lavender oil that you put behind the ear drum and it calms the inner ear drum down. I also used Hylands Motion Sickness tablets that I bought at a local health food store. Not an ounce of motion sickness was felt by anyone in my family. I am proud to say we used no meds and we were literally stepping in vomit the first day. It was all over the ship. By the way, my kids all get car sick!! Any questions, feel free to ask!!

Archived