Walk Away the Pounds??

jdecker2000

Can someone please describe this for me? I have heard lots of positive comments but don't get how you can walk with a tape or DVD - are you walking in place? Any info appreciated, thanks!

(Too late to lose much for the upcoming cruise but still need to lose weight in general - 15 down and 50 or so to go!!)

THANKS!

I LOVE Walk Away the Pounds. I have the WATP 3 Mile Super Fat Blaster. You basically walk in place, do kicks, step side to side, and do knee lifts. You use hand weights to work your arms and give you more of an overall workout. I have a bad back so it was hard for me to find an exercise that I could do without hurting my back. This one doesn't hurt and it makes me feel good all over. I'm about to graduate to the 4 mile DVD next. There are all kinds of WATP DVD's & VHS's. I'm sure you can find one to fit you. Good luck!

I have just recieved mine, love them.....a good place to but though is ebay! I got mine for $12 plus shipping. I think on WATP website the dvds I recieved go for $30 plus shipping. Anyway you buy it is well worth the investment.

I bought mine at Borders Bookstore locally because I didn't want to wait on shipping. I think I paid $19.99 but I had it immediately.

At first I bought the 1 & 2 mile one (combined dvd). Then it messed up on me (after months of use in dvd and computer, travel, etc.) so I went to buy a new one and decided to buy the 3 mile one. I have not made it all of the way through the 3 miles yet because I just usually run out of time and have to get ready for work. I think it is great though. I really enjoy them all. It is just that after 4 months I know everything she is going to say.

The 1 & 2 mile start you out slow and give you a feel for what the workout is like. The 3 mile is basically the same but a little faster and while still doing the 4 basic steps as mentioned above....walking, sidesteps, kicks, kneelifts.....you add a little variation to these basic steps.

I would highly recommend this workout. I would recommend getting the 1/2 mile to start with before moving on to the 3 mile but if you want to just jump straight into it then you could buy the 3 mile and then just do the first mile and then build to second and then to third. She says on there that that is ok.

Hmmm.... that program sounds interesting and a good way to introduce me back in to exercise. About how much time does the 3 mile one take? I was thinking about buying a treadmill, but these tapes/DVDs sure would be cheaper!

I am an eBayaholic... so I will check there first!

Thanks!

Just bid on the 1 mile tape on eBay for $1.99 then I saw the 1, 2 & 3 mile set for $9.99. Figure I'll try the one mile 1st and see how I like and and then get more. I've bought quite a few exercise tapes over the years and they are collecting dust! Maybe it's time to dust them off!

Jean....I don't have the dvd with me to read on it but I think the whole 3 miles takes about 45-50 minutes or so. I just do what I have time for. If I am running late I do the first mile and then stretches. If I have more time I do 2 miles and then stretches. I have yet to make it all 3 miles just because I seem to run out of time. (At least until I win the lottery and don't have to work to pay my bills....lol). I keep trying to get up earlier to fit the 3 miles in. Maybe I can do it this weekend!

Jean....The cover says the program runs a total of 51 minutes for all 3 miles. That seems about right as I finally made it all 3 miles today (Saturday). I didn't exactly time it but that seems about right based on when I finished and what time I think I started. I had been wanting to do the full 3 miles but haven't gotten up in time to do it before going to work so I would just do 1, 2, 1 1/2, 2 1/4, etc....whatever I had time to do. Today I "gave myself time" to do the whole 3 miles before I started my chores this morning. It was really nice.

I think you would enjoy it. If you go with the 1 and 2 mile vide/dvd....I think the times on it run about 17-20 minutes for the 1 mile and then about 35 to 38 minutes or so for the 2 mile. Sorry...I haven't timed each of these and the jacket just says a total of 55 minutes for both the 1 & 2 mile together.

I think you would enjoy any of these you choose to do. I really feel a lot better after I do these.

Have a great weekend.

Ok, you all have inspired me. Every cruise I have been on I have put on about 8-10 pounds. Some of it comes off, but most of it has stayed on. I'm up 16 pounds from the weight I feel most comfortable at. So anyway, I went out and bought the two DVD's (1-2 mile, and 3 mile). I'm ready to start. I have a vacation planned in November and a cruise planned in February. If I'm down to my 1/2 way point by November and down to my comfortable weight by my next cruise I'll be very, very happy. I'm 5' tall and my comfy weight is 125. This is still not skinny, but I feel good at this weight. PS. My clothes fit better too. I'll be weighing in on Thursday with all of you. Thanks for the inspiration!

WATP = Walk Away the Pounds :D

The 3 mile takes exactly 46 minutes for the workout part. The other 4 minutes is for the non-workout stuff like the intro and the credits, etc. I do the 3 mile at least 4 times a week and I can really tell a difference in my weight loss. If I do the DVD 4 times AND stick with South Beach, I can easily lose 2 lbs a week. If I don't do the DVD and just stick with South Beach, I either don't lose anything or only about 1/2 a pound. I find it I just start the DVD right when I get home from work and get it over with, I can do it. Good luck!

Archived