Salmon eating bears excursions

LindaKE

Are there any good "salmon eating bear" excursions that would be good for someone with limited mobility? Most seem to require what, for me, would be a very long walk.

LindaKE

Sun Princess(Alaska)

Carnival Inspiration

Yeah. If the salmon can eat the bear, you won't catch me anywhere around!

We'll be going to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Sitka, southbound Anchorage (Seward) to Vancouver. If I'm not going to be able to see the bears catching and eating the salmon, then we might as well save money and go earlier in the season.

Budget Queen, do you know where I can find info about Pack Creek? I just checked out Juneau's web site, but didn't see Pack Creek mentioned.

LindaKE

Sun Princess(Alaska)

Carnival Inspiration

A couple more questions please icon_smile.gif when are you looking at cruising and how long from when you land in Alaska to when you get on the ship? If you can afford extra time and money you might check with Katmai Wilderness Lodge and see what they can do. The bears up here are worth seeing and these are brown bears of up to 860 lbs. They guarantee that thier guests will see bears from mid-May to the end of September. As for your mobility problem they can answer you on that.

Thanks Chippsetter. I've sent an e-mail to them asking about accesibility to people with limited mobility. I'm guessing that I would have trouble at both places though.

LindaKE

Sun Princess(Alaska)

Carnival Inspiration

Archived