Carinval Triumph and Rainforest Tour

FlaParrotHead

Does anyone know if the Carnival Rainforest tour is offered on the Triumph? The Carnival site is not clear if it is offered or not.

If not, can anyone recommend a good private guide for a rainforest tour while on the island?

Thanks, B and B

I too was interested in the Triumph rainforest tour - and when I look at the Carnival site it says the tour can only be book when onboard? and not in advance- wondering why this is so?

Going in September so let me know if you have any success either thru Carnival or an independent tour guide!

Thanks,

Froufie

Can anybody give a recommendation on Sunshine Tours in San Juan? We have asked them for info but, as always we check here first - no dough until it checks out. The rainforest tour and the cave tour are interesting. I was very surprised there is not a lot of stuff on the Carnival site for San Juan. Is there really very little to do there or they don't show much? I was disappointed with the variety on the Carnival site. By the way the link we have is below.

http://www.puerto-rico-sunshinetours.com/camuy-caves.htm#rainforest

Quick answer from Sunshine Tours. They quoted $48 for the Rainforest Tour which includes the fee. They leave at 8:30 and return at 2-3 PM. It fits the ship schedule but, not too sure if they are legit and trustworthy. They also insist on 4 or more to book - they hold you in reserve until another 2 comes along. Is this common?

I recomend Victor from Countryside tours below is a posting I did of my tour with his e-mail address. Also I have a tred on this bourd (Excurtion with Victor) some others have posted about what a good time they had using Victor.

We took a off the beaten paths tour with Victour from Countryside tours and it was fantastic. He took us to the College and showed us around. He spoke about the politics in PR and explained about the Red Party and Blue Party. He took us to southern San Juan and explained about the Culture of the residents of San Juan. He showed us the local shooping areas and explained how shopping in the local areas (Stores with out Air Conditioning, shopping areas with out Movie Theaters, etc) could save alot of money. You could buy the same item at a Mall for say $20.00 as compared to $4.00 at the local places. We also road to the maintain area and Victor explained about the area, Rain Forrest, Local tree's and Fruit.

My wife and I had visited San Juan two other times and never realy cared for it. (Just went because it was a port of call on a cruise ship) But after taking this tour we have changed our minds about San Juan and realy enjoyed it this time. WE got to know the Culture and people like Victor who is just a great frendly and knowlegable tour guide who we now call frend. Now we cant wait to return to San Juan.

All in All it was a great way to see San Juan and when we return we will deffinatly contact Victor again.

It was just My Wife and I and it cost $100.00 Victor Picked us up in a car, His Girl Frend drove and she was every bit as nice as Victor. Her and My wife got along great.

If anyone wants to contact Victor his e-mail is countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com

If you have any questions please e-mail me at pawags45@yahoo.com

Larry

Archived