Angel Tours in Rome

We have 3 nights in Rome before our RCCL cruise. I've been overwhelmed with the number of tour companies in Rome. Does anyone have any suggestions. We are 5 with three kids (15, 13 and 10), and want something kid-friendly, but need to see the main sites.

I thought that Angel Tours looked OK, and was reasonably priced. Anyone used them?

Thanks.

Hi Hockey Mum:

We are aso a family with teenagers going to Rome and the Med this summer for the first time. After much research, we settled on Icon Tours, which is similarly priced to Angel Tours. They have a special program for school groups (called "Art Thieves"), which, although it can't be reserved for smaller family groups, gave me hope that they would have guides that would engage the teens in our group while also giving a good tour for the adults. Icon gets good reviews on Cruise Critic, as well as on Trip Advisor.

They have been very good with their e-mail responses and limit their group to a small number. You can also reserve private "gold label" tours with them for a reasonable price. Angela is the person who I have been communicating with. Just add a dot com to their name for the website.

Good luck with your decision!

TO HockeyMum,

We were in Rome last year with our kids. We used Vatican Tours Inc and specifically asked for a kid-friendly guide for a private tour. We were delighted with the entire process and my two oldest, ages 8 and 10, thoroughly enjoyed the tour. They were engaged and attentive right until the end. We had great communication with Peter Zalewski, and waited just 5 minutes in line (they actually had someone holding our place in line and timed it quite well).

We would use this company again.

Enjoy your trip!

To answer your question, we used Angel Tours and loved our tour. There were no children in our tour but others that booked the Angels and had children reported an excellent tour. A lot of the guides are Irish so quite entertaining! If you email the Angels, I would ask them for a guide that is more geared to children in their tours.

All of the guides are excellent.

Have a great trip.

Mary

Archived