Empress of the North - taking on water

gizmo

Well, it carries pax, is on a 7-day cruise. However, it sure looks like a Miss. River paddlewheeler to me. "Hey! Showboat comin'! C'mon mule, the showboat's comin'."

btw: Someone on the board said he was speaking with the engineer on one of the Miss. River steamboats, the famous ones, and the guy said only ten percent of the motive power comes from the wheels. The other ninety percent come from diesel engines and propellers. I'm really not surprised. Well, I'm surprised that as much as ten percent is from the wheel; I thought they just sort of dragged in the water.

No - Windstar was purchased by Ambassadors International Cruise Group Company.

Ambassadors International owns both Majestic and Windstar.

Formed in 2006 through the combination of American West Steamboat Company and the vessels of Delta Queen Steamboat Company, Seattle-based Majestic America Line is a division of Ambassadors Cruise Group, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ambassadors International, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMIE).

There's a FABULOUS video taken by an 80 year old woman with a great sense of humor on TV tonight (saw it on Inside Edition, I think) as she tries to keep her friend, Flo. entertained. Hope you all get a chance to see it.

Archived