Help***PreCruise Stay in Sydney

Kaytdid

Hello. We're very excited that we just booked on the Sapphire Princess repositioning cruise on 14 April 2008. So, we're in the very beginning stages of planning a Precruise stay in Sydney. The Princess packages are a little pricey so we're hoping that some of you CC'ers might be able to help.

We're looking for a reasonably priced, decent hotel that might be convenient to the ship, the city, transportation, and the tours. We're trying to get our bearings for a location that might best fill the bill. Princess has told us that the Sapphire will dock at Circular Quay at the head of Sydney Harbour. But, then we have also read postings that refer to the Rocks and Darling Harbour. Are all these in close proximity?

If anyone can provide a recommendation for a location for our stay, or a hotel, we will be most appreciative.

Many thanks for your comments.

I didn't think you could get any deals this far in advance but we just booked The Marriott Sydney Harbor for $150 USD per day through Priceline. Looks like a deal to me when Marriott advertises these rooms at ($369 AUD) about $306 USD per day.

The Marriott is easy walking distance to the ship and centrally located for all your touristy stuff.

Ralph

I didn't think you could get any deals this far in advance but we just booked The Marriott Sydney Harbor for $150 USD per day through Priceline. Looks like a deal to me when Marriott advertises these rooms at ($369 AUD) about $306 USD per day.

The Marriott is easy walking distance to the ship and centrally located for all your touristy stuff.

Ralph

I'm with you Ralphie ... just followed your lead and booked the 5* Marriott through Priceline (my second favorite site after CC:D and flyertalk) for our post-cruise stay Feb. 17-20 Same price, as I didn't want to have to nickle and dime it (dollar-wise) for the next two weeks. I've never been known for my patience.

Archived