security key question

tishie58

do you have to purchase the $25 security key or can you just sweep a magnetic card for the safe in the room

Who told you the key is $25 . I dont remember seeing that charge on the S&S. Have to use the card to open the door, but we used our Costco card to open the safe.

:confused: Tishie - I've never heard of any security key. Maybe you're thinking of another cruiseline?

A couple of the older Carnival ships still have a keypunch when you key in your own 'code' for the safes. The newer ships all allow a magnetic strip card of your choosing to open/lock the safes.

:confused: Tishie - I've never heard of any security key. Maybe you're thinking of another cruiseline?

A couple of the older Carnival ships still have a keypunch when you key in your own 'code' for the safes. The newer ships all allow a magnetic strip card of your choosing to open/lock the safes.

I like the keypunch the best

This is probably what the PVP was talking about. I havent been on these ships, but I imagine the info it really outdated since it still lists Jubilee.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Safe.aspx

For our guests' convenience and security, a safe is provided in every stateroom and is located in either the closet or a cabinet. The size varies among the fleet; approximate size: 10"(wide) x 9"(high) x 8"(deep).

On the following ships, guests must obtain a key from their room Steward. There is no charge; however, a $40 fee will be charged to their Sail & Sign Account in the event the key is lost or not returned by the last evening of the cruise: Holiday Jubilee Celebration Fantasy Ecstasy.

On all other ships, the safe can be opened by using any type of card with a magnetic strip on the back, such as a credit card.

ok now I feel stupid..Sister in law said PVP told her...i said I didn't hear any such thing....thanks now i am relieved :)

Don't feel stupid, just e-mail the post answers to your PVP and the PVP feel stupid.

You will learn PVP's say very odd things, sometimes i think they just make it up as they go.

NOT all PVP's, some are very good at what they do.

........but I imagine the info it really outdated since it still lists Jubilee.

On the following ships, guests must obtain a key from their room Steward. There is no charge; however, a $40 fee will be charged to their Sail & Sign Account in the event the key is lost or not returned by the last evening of the cruise: Holiday Jubilee Celebration Fantasy Ecstasy. .

:eek: You're correct....it's REALLY outdated info.

Archived