Question-Ice Skating-bring your own skates?

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I have posted here, but have been doing plenty of lurking to hear about everyone going away (but me...)...

So, my family and I are going on the Explorer in August )whohoo!!).

I know RCCL has skates for free rental, however, I have been taking staking lessons (for my own personal reasons-not because my cruise has a rink...but that would have been a good reason! :)) and wondered if you can bring your own skates. I am leaving for this cruise close to home, so it won't be traumatic for me to bring my skates (as I would NOT check my skates-at this point, they are like the relationship some people have with their golf clubs). I wanted to bring my own skates so I could actually enjoy the ice time in my own comfortable skates.

Does anyone know if this is allowed? I thought I read in a review that they even have "advanced" ice times occasionally during the cruise.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!!

CHRIS

A bad day on vacation beats any day at work!!

Chris, You can bring your own skates if you really want to pack them but their skates are very nice and they have every size. The most important thing to remember is socks and LONG pants. They will not permit anyone on the ice without long pants on.

Archived