Royal Romance Price Increase

Not sure if this might help anyone so I figured what the heck...

About a month ago I emailed Royal Romance requesting some specific information regarding their wedding packages. I never heard back, and after doing some research, my fiance & I decided to go with Carnival. Well yesterday RR emailed me back (totally ignoring my initial questions btw) with an attachment for their new "Explorer" Wedding packages as well as their usual RR download you can get from the website. The consultant told me in the email that they are going to be increasing their prices very soon. The website doesn't reflect the price increase yet, and she said if I wanted to keep the current prices I would need to "book soon". I'm not sure exactly how long "soon" is to them, but I figured I would post this in case anyone is contemplating RR. You may want to give them a call & check it out.

They told me that too when I originally booked -5 months ago. I haven't paid for any of my "enhancements" yet, but I called about it today (5/14/07) and they still don't know when the new prices will go into effect. I was told that they were supposed release the new prices in March, but the brochures weren't ready yet.... and that was the hold up. I would guess if the new brochures are out the prices will soon follow.

I was told the same when I tried to book extra time with the photographer http://www.image.com. I was told to go directly through them and it would be cheaper than adding extra time with Royal Romance! Either way I am safe because we already paid it off. BTW I haven't had any problems with RR I email my person and she always gets back to me in a reasonable time!

Not sure if this might help anyone so I figured what the heck...

About a month ago I emailed Royal Romance requesting some specific information regarding their wedding packages. I never heard back, and after doing some research, my fiance & I decided to go with Carnival. Well yesterday RR emailed me back (totally ignoring my initial questions btw) with an attachment for their new "Explorer" Wedding packages as well as their usual RR download you can get from the website. The consultant told me in the email that they are going to be increasing their prices very soon. The website doesn't reflect the price increase yet, and she said if I wanted to keep the current prices I would need to "book soon". I'm not sure exactly how long "soon" is to them, but I figured I would post this in case anyone is contemplating RR. You may want to give them a call & check it out.

It is a sales tactic. It creates urgency to get the "best price" (such as "this deal is only available today, it'll be gone tomorrow!"). I would recommend not doing business with anyone unless you can sleep on the price, and it will still be available when you decide (whether it be the next day or the next week). Anyone demanding you decide "now" shouldn't be trusted!

I called about this and they told me that gradually their prices may increase on certain things but there is not a day they have planned for everything to just go up. We are planning on doing a 2 hour lunch buffet for our reception and we are thinking about getting the D.J., Whe D.J. went up....it was $300 an hour and now they told us $375 an hour, thats a huge rip off!

I second and third many of the previous comments...

Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience is a HUGE rip off!! :mad: They have horrible customer service, horrible communication, and the services are so over priced it's unbelievable that the cruise lines still use them!:mad:

I highly recommend going with a private island coordinator.

Archived