Questions for the Telkeetna Summit Flight fans

staufj22

Hi All,

A lot of you, and BQ especially have good reviews regarding summit flight tours from Talkeetna. My questions is, how much of it is the excitement of a light aircraft flight, and how much of it is the scenary?

Pardon my ignorance, but we fly commercial airliners all the time, climbing to over 30,000 feet. Most of us will probably fly to take the cruise, so what makes this flight so much more exciting?

I'm obviously not BQ but she is on an AK cruise this week. I have not taken the flightseeing yet - first time in July. But I also have been on hundreds of commercial flights - the only thing with commercial flights is everything below is usually 30,000 feet below me. With a summit flight, the mountain is less than 10,000 feet below you - much less. I would imagine the scenery is spectacular - you are flying right in the mountains.

I have flown quite a few times near the mountains of Austria and Switzerland in commerical airplanes. That was great but it was still very far from the actual mountains.

In July we are going to do the flight with the glacier landing just because it works best for our time frame and what is offered, plus using a Toursaver coupon to get one free.

Archived