What can you you take on a cruise?

Kwst8ofmind

No, you can't take irons with you (they are considered a fire hazard)...you can take a steamer. But there are irons and ironing boards on most floors that you can use. You can also pay to have your clothes ironed I believe.

Don't know about the fans, but I would assume they are fine since I've not seen any documentation that states otherwise. I sure wish I had one on my last cruise! Our AC only worked one day out of seven!

I read one tag line that said no irons allowed?

Well at least we know you can read, unlike some people. ;) Regardless, though, the list of things you can and can't bring on board is meant as a suggestion, it's not really important. If you must have an iron, bring it anyway, no one cares.

Why bring anything extra if you dont have to? We have used the irons on the floor and also the washing machines and dryers, but we also swear by Downy wrinkle releaser. Works great!

As for the fan, I believe I have read where other people bring their own fans, I never felt the need, but hey, if you need it, you need it!

I was usually pretty tired after the days excursions or activities and a few drinks that I never had a problem with sleeping from excess noise.:D

This comes with us for EVERY sailing!

75434860-L.jpg

Once, while using an iron in one of the laundry rooms, we discovered that the iron left quite the spot on our clothes. Something had burned (MELTED!) on it before... so pay attention, these irons are not necessarily as well cared for as yours at home...

Tom

I bring a steamer.

I have also done this many times: while unpacking, I bring all of my hang-up clothes into the bathroom, hang them somewhere, shut the door, and turn on hot water and get the room all steamy. Most wrinkles fall out, and it's done at one time. Much quicker than steaming one item at a time. I've also just out and out wet a stubborn wrinkle and let it hang. Works every time.

Things like t-shirts and everyday clothes, I don't worry about. Everyone on board has packed, and has fold lines in their clothes. So what?

Downy wrinkle releaser works well, too.

I've sent suits and formal clothing off for pressing. I do that the first day.

Leave the iron. You aren't allowed to bring it anyway, and why would you want that weight in your bags?

I wish I was planning a cruise right now.

Shay

We travel with a small white noise machine on every vacation. It really helps cut out any noise, it even worked like a charm when we vacationed in Disneyworld during spring break one year. You can find them at any good discount store.

If you're worried about wrinkles from packing, read the threads with packing tips...use plastic dry cleaner bags and you won't need the iron. The Downey works as does steaming with a steamer or hang clothes in the bathroom.

I bring a steamer.

I have also done this many times: while unpacking, I bring all of my hang-up clothes into the bathroom, hang them somewhere, shut the door, and turn on hot water and get the room all steamy. Most wrinkles fall out, and it's done at one time. Much quicker than steaming one item at a time. I've also just out and out wet a stubborn wrinkle and let it hang. Works every time.

Things like t-shirts and everyday clothes, I don't worry about. Everyone on board has packed, and has fold lines in their clothes. So what?

I like the idea of the bathroom steamery. If I put some soap into the tub, will it clean it as well? You may be the inventor of an entire new cleaning methodology for us lazy men world-wide!:p

Seriously, if a fold line in your clothing is the only negative thing about your vacation, then I'd say you're cruising successfully.

I usually just give our formal wear to the room steward to get pressed when we get on board. It's only a few dollars. I'm certainly not going to spend my too-short vacation time doing the ironing.

Well at least we know you can read, unlike some people. ;) Regardless, though, the list of things you can and can't bring on board is meant as a suggestion, it's not really important. If you must have an iron, bring it anyway, no one cares.

It's my understanding that the stewards will confiscate an iron if they see one, and return it to you at the end of the cruise!

Why is it necessary to be able to read the rules if you do not think they need to be followed? :confused:

Yes, some of us do care about our safety & that of others onboard.

I take a small travel steamer and this works great. I have used the irons on board, but it's not usually very convenient. We just returned from the Triumph and there was only one iron per deck. It was always in use and if you weren't close to it, is wasn't very convenient.

We always take a small fan. My husband can't sleep without one.

I go and do the ironing on the first day, when nobody is using it and everyone is out getting drunk and sitting by the pool. If you wait until the day of Formal Night the lines can be long.

I agree the irons are not in tip top condition, but they are good enough.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I do wonder though, from those of you who have had your room steward iron for you - have they done a good job? I worry a little about chiffon. The steamer I brought last time just sputtered and didn't release any wrinkles. I was pretty mad after all the room it took up.

Know how to read? If someone could read, they should have read on Carnival's website that irons are NOT ALLOWED, they are considered a fire hazard. There is NO hint that this is a "suggestion," it is a RULE.

Dan

This comes with us for EVERY sailing!

75434860-L.jpg

Once, while using an iron in one of the laundry rooms, we discovered that the iron left quite the spot on our clothes. Something had burned (MELTED!) on it before... so pay attention, these irons are not necessarily as well cared for as yours at home...

Tom

This is the very fan I had in mind,, for a little fan it packs a lot of punch and creates the white noise I need!

Archived