My In-Laws Are Cruise Outlaws!

smg669

I've heard that story and don't know if it's an "urban legend", but it's believable enough.

Oh this really did happen.

I live in the NYC area and it was a big story in the news when it first happened.

Oh this really did happen.

I live in the NYC area and it was a big story in the news when it first happened.

I do remember that too. I had forgotten about it, but someone had mentioned it here. It was a huge thing because nobody in their right mind would park their baby outside a restaurant in nyc and go inside and eat...lol

I just read an article on the missing British child and they wrote about the NY incident. I copied and pasted the relevant portion for those of you who are interested.

In 1997, a toddler was left in a stroller outside a New York City restaurant while her mother dined and drank inside, prompting diners to phone police and complain.

After being arrested for neglect, the mother maintained the practice was common in her native Denmark and sued the city for false arrest. The charges were dropped and she was awarded $66,401.

Yes it was Portugal, it is common to leave younger children alone, especially in some Countries.

The way i see it, the parents just left the room and were in view of the door from where they were seated.

This could happen to any one of us, our children are asleep in their beds and we step out into the front yard to talk to a neighbor, anyone could come in the back door and take a child, it's very tragic, i pray from the family.

Sad, but true. I see your point as how this could happened under the circumstances you have stated.

Archived