Sorobon Beach Resort - clothing optional beach?

boatcrazy52

Stopping in Bonaire in February aboard Princess. Looking at possible first time clothing optional beach. Grateful for any info. you may have. Nice beach? Do you feel comfortable at that beach? Can one use the facilities (bars, stores,etc.) of the resort? Transportation to the resort?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never stayed at the resort but I've been on the other side of the fence from it so I can answer the nice beach question.

It's a very scenic beach but doesn't get deep. It stays about waist deep for longer than I was willing to walk out.

You also can't go far into the water because you would probably be run over by a wind surfer. It's one of the top spots in the world for that sport.

• 6 months later...

Looked at their website and noticed everyone was nude. I will be traveling with 2 teenagers and a 6 yr old who asks alot of questions, so does anyone know if Sorobon beach is only for nudist? If it were just me and my husband this would be fine, but not with the kids. Is it like St. Marteen where different parts of the beach are clothing optional or is it all the same?

This is a need to know ahead of time issue!!!!!

Can anyone suggest any other Beach Resorts where you can go on your own and not through the ship?

Thanks for all your help

Looked at their website and noticed everyone was nude. I will be traveling with 2 teenagers and a 6 yr old who asks alot of questions, so does anyone know if Sorobon beach is only for nudist? If it were just me and my husband this would be fine, but not with the kids. Is it like St. Marteen where different parts of the beach are clothing optional or is it all the same?

This is a need to know ahead of time issue!!!!!

Can anyone suggest any other Beach Resorts where you can go on your own and not through the ship?

Thanks for all your help

Sorobon is a nudist resort. The beach itself is part of the resort and is fenced off from the sorrounding areas. It's all nude, all the time. It's also on the other side of the island from the cruise port so getting there would be a bit more difficult.

I think people on this board have mentioned hotels with beach facilities. I wish I could help - I go to Bonaire often but I'm only interested in diving so I don't know much about the resorts.

I do know that beaches are rare on Bonaire. They are mostly man made.

Archived