Ships no longer stop in Vik, Norway?

mommykim

I was looking at the schedule and itineraries for 2008 and I noticed that the ship does not stop in Vik any longer but that the train goes from Voss to Flaam using a motorcoach with an option for a full train passage. Does anyone know where they drop you off if you want to do that train all the way?

I get a bit mixed up with the names of these places but anyway, last year we did this trip by coach to Flam, had lunch, which was really good, and then caught the train back to the ship. The station is right next to the pier and if you want to arrange a return journey on it youself, its very easily done.

Jimmy

Sorry about that, I have had a look at the Flamsbabna railway leaflet. The ship stops in Flam. We had luch in Voss and caught the local train back to a railway junction on top of the mountains (it was really cold) at Myrdal where we caught the Flamsbana train back to the ship at Flam. We stopped for pictures at a waterfall which was really nice and its there they lay on a surprise for the passengers. Sorry, I can't tell you what that is. This was all laid on through the ships tours.

Jimmy

Archived