BOA NCL Mastercard question

Zimomiller

One of the limitations of these cards is that you can only earn 1,000 points per card in a 12 month period.

How can you tell when the 12 month period begins and ends? Is there an anniversary date for each card?

I have called customer service with this question numerous times and have received inconsistent and erroneous answers.

Anyone know a sure fire way to determine this?

My solution has been to set up some small recurring charge monthly for each card that I have so I can tell when it starts accruing points again.

My understanding is that it is based upon the issuance date of the card. One of ours (we have two cards) is October thru September and the other is November thru October.

Don't forget, you can only earn a max of 250 points in a month also.

:) Get several cards and NCL will tell you the dates the new program begins with each Write these dates on the cards and keep track of your monthly spending. When over-limit, switch cards. I get lots of "free" cruises this way. Use airline points to get to cruise ports and hotel points for pre and post stays. (Last years Mexican Cruise cost me $ zero.

:) Get several cards and NCL will tell you the dates the new program begins with each Write these dates on the cards and keep track of your monthly spending. When over-limit, switch cards. I get lots of "free" cruises this way. Use airline points to get to cruise ports and hotel points for pre and post stays. (Last years Mexican Cruise cost me $ zero.

Thanks for the replies.

I have multiple cards already and have been in the program since it came out.

I know about all the limits.

In fact, I also have an airline FF card for emergencies only because the best return I get on cards is still through the NCL program.

My issue is that I do not remember the issuance date of the cards that I do have.

I am trying to find an effective way to determine what the anniversary date is for the cards if anyone has successfully done so. (online or otherwise)

I have tried customer service calls, but every time the date they gave me for a card did not work and I lost points as a result of trusting their answer.

I find it easy to just review my past 12 statements if in doubt as to how many points I have acumulated. We have two cards and use one for our business and one for personal. Works out just great for us !!!

It has been explained to me that your date begins with your first statement date. I suppose if you received the card and didn't use it for a month or two then it would not correspond with your exp. date. Or in my case, I've moved some of my statement dates so it has thrown my dates out of wack a bit.

Customer service has not been particularly helpful so I've just devised my own method of dealing with it. A bit cumbersome but it works.

I don't know for sure but wouldn't it be the month of expiration? Maybe it's just a coincidence but that's the way mine is.

Nope - mine expires in Dec. Not sure anymore when it starts since BoA changed the bill dates. It was always the August/Sept usage that billed in Sept. I remember last year having to pay final a day late to make sure it got to the new year.

Archived