Early flts, can we see Miami before the cruise

travmagic

Our flights arrive into Miami at 9:30am. Are there any quick tours of Miami before we get on the ship?

I guess we could just take taxis to South Beach. How close is it to the pier?

The downside is that we are a party of 7 so we would need 2 taxi's all the time.

Our flights arrive into Miami at 9:30am. Are there any quick tours of Miami before we get on the ship?

I guess we could just take taxis to South Beach. How close is it to the pier?

The downside is that we are a party of 7 so we would need 2 taxi's all the time.

In my opinion by the time you all collect your luggage and get a taxi it will be about 10:30 or 11:00 at which point you can just go straight to the ship and board already.

I think it will be too complicated with 7 people and 2 taxi's driving around Miami towards Miami beach. MIA is located about 35 minutes from MB and about 25 from the port. What will you do with all of your luggage while sight seeing on the beach?

Your best bet is to either come in a day early or stay a day later and just go striaght to the ship.

I am trying to get our traveling companions to agree with me that we don't really have enough time. Our flight actually arrives at 9:00am.

I do see that Carnival has excursions in Miami that last a few hours that we can purchase onboard but I don't want to do that either.

We depart at 4:00pm so I don't really even want to bother. As you said, by the time we get to the ship it will probably be around 10:30. Can we get on that early?

I am trying to get our traveling companions to agree with me that we don't really have enough time. Our flight actually arrives at 9:00am.

I do see that Carnival has excursions in Miami that last a few hours that we can purchase onboard but I don't want to do that either.

We depart at 4:00pm so I don't really even want to bother. As you said, by the time we get to the ship it will probably be around 10:30. Can we get on that early?

Yes you can. I've done it for every cruise and so has most people on these boards. You can lounge around the pool and get some lunch at the Lido deck buffet. Sometimes your stateroom might actually be ready early so you can drop your stuff off. Its no worth fitting in an excursion before you board. If anything I would do the excursion on the way back, depending what time your flight leaves.

I agree to get on the ship and start your cruise vacation early!

The ship will offer post cruise tours and you won't have to worry about renting a car/cab or worry what to do with your bags. Plus afterwards you'll be dropped at the airport. Next itme plan a nights stay on either end.

Have a great time!

This is close to the time we arrive in MIA & depart also. We arrive at 9:00 a.m. Will gather our luggage, grab a taxi to the pier & just wait to board the ship. I like to arrive at the port early. Our return flight home is at 4:40 p.m. We will look at what tours with airport transportation are being offered in MIA post cruise & probably do one to kill time.

Archived