skagway railroad question

pvoris01

I don't know what the Skagway Extravaganza is but I have a question if there is a "best" time to do the White Pass Rail. Is it hazy or foggy in the early am that the view would be hindered? We will be there 9-7-04 and looking forward to taking the tour. Thanks

the skagway extravaganza is the white pass and yukon rr to a gold rush camp where you pan for gold, eat a meal and explore a camp with sled dogs. Then you go to the red onion saloon for an invitation only private party. This tour is 179.00pp and the white pass rr tour is 98.00. I definetly want to do the rr and I think we will do the least expensive one and then just go to the saloon on our own.

I think your making the right choice. icon_smile.gif

My Sil and Bil did the gold panning thing...and they said it was pretty cheesy icon_rolleyes.gif Probably fun for kids!

For the 81.00pp difference You could mostly likely have a pretty nice meal in town and go to the red onion saloon...and I'll bet it would cost quite a bit less than doing the tour. Plus I beleive you take a bus back from the Whitepass summit instead of taking the train round trip.

Have Fun!

CaribbeanCrazy

tn_14.gif

Archived