Probably a stupid question...!

beaming90

I booked our cruise a few weeks ago through a local travel agent. Now I am wondering (I know it would be easier to call her but I feel like I am calling all the time!) I put a deposit down and owe the final balance in December, but if I want to pay on it now can I? Do I pay the T Agency or can I send a payment directly to Carnival? And one more question, on the Carnival fun money, does that have to be done with a credit card or could I send them a check? Thank you!:p

You also want to make sure that your TA applies your payment to your account.

I say that because recently a family reunion made payments to there local TA only to find out that they were never sent to the cruiseline. Of course the TA's were charged with fraud and are now cruising in the local jail.

if I want to pay on it now can I?
Sure you can, but...

Why should Carnival get the use of your funds any earlier than you absolutely, positively *have* to give it to them?

Plus, as others have stated, if something happens and you have to cancel, you are waiting to have a substantial amount refunded as opposed to only your deposit.

I agree, maybe toss it in savings account or something and hoard it there till final payment due. Ing Direct has a decent 2.2% no hassle/min type savings account that is directly linked to your checking, very easy to use.

I have been thinking about paying early as our Cdn.$ is doing quite well as compared to the US$;I would get a better rate of exchange for the cruise (there are 4 of us). But as others said:don't give them all your money until final payment date, just in case something should go wrong between now and final payment date!

Archived