Forward Cabins

lasharon

Not to muddy the waters, but we had cabin 9018 (I think) on our Hawaii cruise on the Summit and had a lot of problems due to noise from the bar a couple decks up-that thump thump base travels right through the steel structure. It wasn't just the noise, but the vibration. They had a brand new DJ, and he kept exceeding the limits they gave him on base and volume. We had come to know the cruise director (John Howell) and he had to intervene several times, but the kid kept pumping it back up. At one point, you could hear the music down the stairwell all the way to deck 5! I suspect the kid is long gone.

Anyway, unless we have no choice, we now avoid that area of the ship. I am glad that Mommy had no problem, so perhaps it has been resolved. Despite our experience, we would certainly not let it keep us from cruising.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Personally I don't book forward cabins any more. Depending on the itinerary, they have lots of motion and lots of noise from the anchor and it's equipment. And you will feel the bow thrusters at work. We were woken up several times at 5:00AM+/- when they lowered the anchor at tender ports and even docking a few times.

I personnally like the forward cabins as long as you have a verandah, as I like the sound of the waves hitting the bow when underway. It's also a lot quieter as you are further away from the props and engines. The downside is there is an up and down motion when it is rough, but I kind of like that while sleeping. If it's rough when you are not sleeping you can always move a public area midship if it bothers you. Book it....

Dan

Archived