need info, Momx4 GMX4!!!

edan

Hi Kathy,

I see this has been somewhat addressed on another thread but wanted to make sure I had this info correct.

Can we bring our own sodas on board the ship in Port Canaveral? It seems as though this will not be permitted by DCL.

Last time we sailed in 2005 we left from Long Beach, Ca. on the Paradise and we took my 6 pack of 20oz Dt. Mt Dews on board, no problem. In fact, the cabin steward always had one on ice for me when I returned to the cabin in the late afternoon to get ready for dinner. It was so nice!

I sure will miss my Dews if I can't take them with! : (

Thanks so much Floridagran!

I have anxiously been awaiting an answer. So you didn't make it really obvious, just stuck the 12 pack in a bag you carried on? I think that is what we did in Long Beach. We weren't trying to hide anything, it was just the most convienient place to carry stuff on board

Thanks!!

Thanks for answering for me everone, i havnt been on line much the past few days due to getting a puppy for mothers day. I have been sooooo busy!!!!!

I do agree, many bring pop and wine and even beer. there is a sign that says No alcohol in the terminal but they have never enforced it to my knowledge.

many dont like coke products so they do bring their own.

PLEASE put it in carry on, NOT checked luggage, as checked bags are banged around a lot and things can get broken or busted open. That happened to my son in law and booze went all over his new clothes and the suitcase smelled of alcohol for weeks. first thing on our vacation was my daughter had to send souvenir money on laundry.

when i take pop i put in a large zip lock baggie too, just as a precaution. No need to worry about accidents even in carry on.

mom x4,grandma x4

Don't know about the Dt. Cokes and such, but what I drink is not available at all on ships.

As for the regular drinks, I would assume that ppl like to have the convenience of opening up a can or bottle in their room and not going all the way to Lido. Just a guess. I know my boys will probably want their own stash in their room.

Archived