Video of Pacific Star arriving at Wala

Neilius

Here's a video of Pacific Star arriving at Wala this morning.

Love your choice of music for this one Neil, Graeme Connors is one of my favourite singers, the perfect accompaniement to one of my favourite islands.

Here's a video of Pacific Star arriving at Wala this morning.

Nicely done Neil...you are a legend!!! Esp love the Vila one, esp as we are heading that way on our cruise when we leave in only 3 wks time!! yay...would love to see pentecost and Ouvea as we are going there too...is that possible??? thx kelliicon10.gif

Love your choice of music for this one Neil, Graeme Connors is one of my favourite singers, the perfect accompaniement to one of my favourite islands.

Thanks!

The words to Graeme Connors "Sunset Bay" are very cruisy, I think:

Like a castaway, on Island time...

sand between my toes...

palm trees sway....

nothing in my pockets but loose change...

Nicely done Neil...you are a legend!!! Esp love the Vila one, esp as we are heading that way on our cruise when we leave in only 3 wks time!! yay...would love to see pentecost and Ouvea as we are going there too...is that possible??? thx kelliicon10.gif

Kelli

I'll add them to the list. I'm hoping there's clear skies in Vila this afternoon when I record the Star leaving.

I may be able to do Ouvea next Saturday, but I don't think I can do Pentecost Island for another 5 weeks, unfortunately.

Hope that's ok :)

Neil

P.S. I will be out of town all next week, so I won't be able to record any cruisecams during that time.

Thanks!

The words to Graeme Connors "Sunset Bay" are very cruisy, I think:

Like a castaway, on Island time...

sand between my toes...

palm trees sway....

nothing in my pockets but loose change...

I used Pacifica on the dvd that I made of our cruise on Pacific Star, that worked well too.

Who is "Pacifica" by? I'll see if I can get hold of it.

I wrote a poem once called "Pacifica" - which sort of fits into the cruising mood, if you're interested.

http://www.lovepoetry.com/poem.asp?x_id=13538

As Karen says, it's another Graeme Connors' song, off his album Tropicali. A 60 second sample can be found here;

http://www.graemeconnors.com/Album%20Sites/Tropicali/Music-Clips/Tropicali/60_Sec/03-P-60sec.mp3

Sunarise would be a good one for an early morning arrival sequence

http://www.graemeconnors.com/Album%20Sites/The-Here-And-Now/Music-Clips/THAN/60_Sec/06-SA-60sec.mp3

Sunarise! I have an old 45rpm vinyl single of Rolf Harris singing that in the early 1960's. But I promise I won't use Rolf to do any backing music for any vids :)

Sunarise! I have an old 45rpm vinyl single of Rolf Harris singing that in the early 1960's. But I promise I won't use Rolf to do any backing music for any vids :)

Yes, it's one song of only a handful of Graeme Connor's songs that he didn't write himself, but Graeme's version is MUCH MUCH better than Rolf's original.

Kelli

Sorry but I was unable to record Ouvea today. I got back from my business trip at 3am this morning, and fell asleep before I was able to set up the recording.

It sails out at 6pm this evening, which will make it a bit dark to capture any good footage.

I'll make it up to you. Promise :)

Neil

P.S. Isn't it ironic. An aircraft is delayed by a few hours and it is a big inconvenience. But if my cruise had got back a few hours later than planned, I would have been ecstatic!

Kelli

Sorry but I was unable to record Ouvea today. I got back from my business trip at 3am this morning, and fell asleep before I was able to set up the recording.

It sails out at 6pm this evening, which will make it a bit dark to capture any good footage.

I'll make it up to you. Promise :)

Neil

P.S. Isn't it ironic. An aircraft is delayed by a few hours and it is a big inconvenience. But if my cruise had got back a few hours later than

planned, I would have been ecstatic!

Hi Neil

Ohhh...no stamina!!! falling asleep!! Lol. Don't blame you at that time.

I haven't seen any photos/videos of Ouvea so will be a big surprise for us very very soon!! Thx so much for trying, look forward to your next installment...might be when we are on board!!

Yes, very typical about flights...it disrupts things more if you are wanting to get to your cruise!! I used to Fly for a job and boy did we cop the flak if we had any disrupts at all....can't win!!

Thx again....hope you have a relaxing weekend.icon6.gif

Graeme Connors

Karen

Hi Karen. as you know we live in Graeme Connor's home town...

but guess who is here this week-end.....your favourite .. Adam Brand.

aren't country music people down to earth.???? they have no airs about themselves. always will have a chat etc.

I love A little further north each year, from Graeme,and cyclone season.

anything from Troy Casser Daly.

any music to farewell ports is emotional to me...

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

[quote name=qld cruiser;10270721aren't country music people down to earth.???? they have no airs about themselves. always will have a chat etc.

I love A little further north each year' date=' from Graeme,and cyclone season.

anything from Troy Casser Daly. [/quote]

You're so right Lorraine. I was very suprised when a friend and I were visiting Mackay in 1996, and he called up Graeme, who then invited us out to lunch, just him, his lovely wife and their youngest son and the two of us.

A Little Further North and Cyclone Season are up there in my list of favourite GC songs.

Hi Karen. as you know we live in Graeme Connor's home town...

but guess who is here this week-end.....your favourite .. Adam Brand.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Wish I was up there:) . It's difficult finding out where he is at the moment. His website hasn't been updated and as his fan club isn't operational at the moment, it's impossible finding out where he is:mad: . I NEED to see him again, it's been all of 2 & 1/2 months since the last time:eek: .

As you say, country music people are very down to earth. And they support each other a great deal too, no rivalry between them.

Karen

Archived