I got a deal on Priceline!

LarryF

We're leaving for Vancouver on Friday and sail the Sapphire Princess to AK on Saturday. I've had a reservation at the Holiday Inn for many months, but have tried to get a 4 star hotel on priceline for quite a while. Yesterday (Tuesday) I finally scored! I got a $100 rate at the Hyatt Regency! Their rack rate is $290 and Expedia's rate is $220. If I waited another day or two I probably would have gotten a better rate, but I'm very happy with the $100rate.

Larry

That's great, Larry! There sure haven't been the Priceline deals in Vancouver this year as there were in previous years. The Vancouver hotels must be hanging on till the bitter end before releasing inventory to Priceline!

Have a great cruise and land trip - and Happy Anniversary!

That is great - and don't feel bad that you might have gotten it for a few dollars less. There is a good chance you might not have. Especially when hotels only give limited rooms to PL, by the time you "rebid" 24 hours later, someone else might have snagged that room. Happened to me once - I didn't want to accept a counteroffer so undercut it. Long story short, within just a couple of days I bid up to the counteroffer from a couple of days before and not accepted (not for Vancouver but the principle is the same).

Congratulations! Last year we stayed across the street at the Crowne Plaza and often visited the coffe shop and stores at the Hyatt. It is a great location and a short walk straight down the street to Canada Place where we watched the ships sail the day before.....

Enjoy you're cruise!

Congrats, Larry! I just got done bidding on Vancouver for next Thursday and was turned down for a 4 star @ $130. I already have the Blue Horizon booked for $138 so I have a few more days to play around on Priceline. Hope I can get a good deal, too! :D

Great job, Larry! For everyone else, if Priceline doesn't work out, Hotwire is another good alternative.

Yes, to Hotwire. I use them almost exclusively and have gotten some great deals :D

I'm a little dissapointed with Priceline. I've gotten rooms in the past and always been really pleased, but not this time. Last night I couldn't get a 4 star at $100 so I went down to $90 for a 3 star. Their examples of 3 stars looked pretty good. I ended up getting the Plaza 500 Hotel in downtown Vancouver. I went to their website and it looked pretty good. Then I started looking at reviews. Everyone says it is a dump! Old, out of date rooms, strong smoke smell - nothing positive. I guess I'm stuck with it - just a little surprised that a 3 star would get such horrible reviews. It's for just 1 night and we won't get there until after midnight. We sail the next day so I'm sure we will be okay.

Thanks Larry for posting this. We've been trying for months and couldn't get anything on priceline for less than $125. With the unknown of the location within Vancouver, this was our limit so we booked directly with a hotel.

Larry inspired me to try one last time - we leave 5-20 for Vancouver - and we got Marriott Pinnacle Downtown for $100. This is a much nicer place than the other hotel we had booked for $160 a night! Thanks Larry!

Archived