Renting a scooter

CJ7

I will be in both Freeport and Nassua in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone know if you can rent a scooter? Has anyone rented one and took their own tour of the island?

I will be in both Freeport and Nassua in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone know if you can rent a scooter? Has anyone rented one and took their own tour of the island?

Can't comment on Freeport, but scooters in Nassau are pretty dangerous. Tons' of traffic, roads in disrepair. crazy bahamian drivers. few stop lights or stop signs, no signage. Driving on the left etc.

We have accidents with scooter here every day.. some very serious.

We also have packs of wild dogs, not a good thing when you're on a scooter.

We rented a scooter in Nassau on our very first cruise back in the early 80's and I will never forget it. The helmet they gave us was really icky, hated to put it on my head. We got lost and ran out of gas! Really scary that part. But, we did see some awesome scenery.

We rented a scooter in Nassau on our very first cruise back in the early 80's and I will never forget it. The helmet they gave us was really icky, hated to put it on my head. We got lost and ran out of gas! Really scary that part. But, we did see some awesome scenery.

Wow, I don't think they've repaired a road since you left.

Since Atlantis Phase I and the new bridge, little or no road work or repairs have been done to Nassau, and all work that was in progress was halted and the workforce and $$ headed to Paradise Island. Therefore.. roadways, sidewalks, walkways, drainage and what not have not improved since.

Wouldn't be so bad if traffic hasn't increase by 200%.

Don't' forget, your medical insurance doesn't cover you in the bahamas, and the hospital insists you pay you bill before being discharges.

Just a little warning..

Funny story--we were walking to pick up the water taxi and passed the area where folks can rent scooters right be the water's edge. Anyway, this college age guy, obviously having been in his cups, started up a scooter and proceded to run right into the gate, banging up both scooter and gate. The man who rented the scooters was furious. We were kind of scared. He was yelling at that guy and told him to get off the scooter and wouldn't give his money back either. And that was the end of his scooter tour in Nassau.

Archived