Extended Balcony vs. Regular Balcony

Do 20 Square ft. really make a difference? Are there any other advantages? Such as the Extended has a lounger & the regular doesn't, etc? Does all Balconies have some sort of furniture? We enjoy reading especially early in the morning.

Do 20 Square ft. really make a difference? Are there any other advantages? Such as the Extended has a lounger & the regular doesn't, etc? Does all Balconies have some sort of furniture? We enjoy reading especially early in the morning.

Well 20sq ft is 20 sq ft. Probably room for lounging and reading w/o being "crammed" would be my guess.

We have a CAT 11 this time on the Glory instead of the CAT 12, and I'm hoping the balcony is not TOO much smaller...the CAT 12 balcony was perfect (even a bit large for the 2 of us..but that came in handy..;))

It really didn't make a difference to me... and you don't have a lot of "lounging room"... I would never pay more for one. It's not even really a "lounger", it is a chair with a little extension, that has to go sideways a bit to even fit... Maybe it's just me, but it just truly wasn't THAT much different and had I paid for the upgrade I would have been disappointed. Yes, all balconies have chairs and a table...

I think it makes a difference. You get 2 plastic chairs and a table or a full lounge chair, chair and larger table.

On the Mariner we had an aft balcony (which I didn't really like, don't want to see where I was). It was HUGH! 6 loungers, 3 chairs, 3 tables. AND I stored two pieces of luggage out there as the life jackets were under the beds and there was no room for luggage.

I love the extended balcony but don't tell anyone.;)

We had the extended aft wrap around balcony on the Freedom and loved it. Our cabin steward brought me down a lounge chair which was great for reading at night with my book light. We had 2 chairs and a table also. We love the balconies and have already booked the same one next year on the Splendor. Yes, I am a balcony snob and proud of it. But I still associate with the little people and let them come look at my balcony. I don't let them sit on it though because it is sacred territory.

Linda

one of the Freedom 12

We had the extended aft wrap around balcony on the Freedom and loved it. Our cabin steward brought me down a lounge chair which was great for reading at night with my book light. We had 2 chairs and a table also. We love the balconies and have already booked the same one next year on the Splendor. Yes, I am a balcony snob and proud of it. But I still associate with the little people and let them come look at my balcony. I don't let them sit on it though because it is sacred territory.

Linda

one of the Freedom 12

Yes, those are different!!! LOL! The regular extended balconies, I could care less about... the AFT balconies and wraparounds... I'll take one every time :D

If you are talking about the extended balconies on the spirit class ships compared to regular balconies........yes they do make a difference.

And they both have 2 chairs and a table. Some have a half reclining chair some don't.

The aft wrap balconies are even bigger.

For us the extended wasn't worth it so we downgraded ourselves.......I love the Spirit class but do not want an extended for a variety of reasons:

1) they have the life boats below and we like to see the water against the hull.

2)Depending on where you are in the recessed area over the boats you could have the feeling of obstructed view. In no way am I saying that any are considered obstructed..........but too far forward or aft and your view (fwd or aft) can feel obstructed by the part of the ship that isn't recessed.

3)We started with a regular balcony and it was wonderful....no reason to pay any more than we have to.

FYI...

4)pro's......................Upper deck forward balconies are at a lower rate.....extended....no life boats below.......angled glass.......not in a recessed area

con's to this....forward location and they are located over the showroom, but the people in my group decided to chance it to gain the pro's

Has anyone experienced sea sickness on aft balconies when they don't usually get sea sick?

No.

We've had afts on Celebrity Summit,

Norwegian Jewel

Caribbean Princess

Costa Magica...and have one booked on Carnival Legend.....no seasickness at all....:D

Archived