Galveston Hotel

Any recommendation for a hotel in Galveston? Flying into Houston Hobby day before cruise on Conquest - but, don't want to stay in the airport area. Figure I can drive down to Galveston and sightsee a bit and wake up closer to the ship --- any suggestions? Thanks!

We stayed at the Hotel Galvez. Of course we drove down to Galveston. You can leave your Car parked there, and they will take you to the ship, and pick you up. It is a very nice hotel and you can see it on the Galveston web site. They have a web cam inside the hotel.

Happy Sailing

Larry

It really depends on what your needs are. How many in your family? What's your budget? Do you need a transfer to the pier? Do you want a nice swimming pool? How close to the pier do you want to be? I have a condo in Galveston so I am very familiar with many of the hotels. Like the second poster- I LOVE THE GALVEZ, (They have an amazing champagne brunch on Sundays for a great price) but it is pricey if you are trying to watch your budget. Many hotels now require a 2 night stay. Th site seeing hotels are not on the Seawall so you will either drive from one area to the other. Give me an idea of what you are looking for and I will help as best as I can!

Im not the poster of this thread but I would be interested in some hotels in Galveston!! We are pretty frugal usually... okay, we are cheap ;-) !! Would prefer somewhere that will let us leave our car there while we are gone. It's not necc but a trip to and from the pier would be great. We dont need fancey but do want safety/security. Only two of us going. Any suggestions? TIA

Im not the poster of this thread but I would be interested in some hotels in Galveston!! We are pretty frugal usually... okay, we are cheap ;-) !! Would prefer somewhere that will let us leave our car there while we are gone. It's not necc but a trip to and from the pier would be great. We dont need fancey but do want safety/security. Only two of us going. Any suggestions? TIA

Many hotels in Galveston offer cruise packages with parking included. Lots of info on galveston.com site or the link posted above for Gulf Coast Departures.

I have stayed at Quality Inn and Suites before, very clean and nice place to stay, not fancy, price at that time was very right 60.00 has heated pool and hot tub, free parking, breakfast and gulf view with balcony. Left car there during cruise, no trouble at all. This time (October 13, 2007) room was 80.00. Although I would love to try the Hotel Galvez, and some of the other fancier places when checked the rooms ran from 150.00 to 225.00 per night and that is not in my price range.

Hope this helps!

Just remember that every hotel on the SeaWall will have the same view of the water no matter the price because the street runs between the hotels and the beach. The only hotel that doesn't is the Flagship (usually about $100 a night and offers AAA discount) The Comodore does have balconies that open up to a beach view, is clean and reasonable but old. Guido's is also reasonable (old) but because it is adjacent to two restaurants (BOTH AWESOME!!) the parking and traffic can be a problem if you have a room in the front. Most of the hotels have open parking lots so your car will not be in a fenced parking lot for the week. And now most hotels are requiring 2 night minimums. The Holiday Inn is clean and reasonable (AAA) and Laquinta offers a shuttle. (again they had a minimum when my parents stayed there this past March). If you want security, the Galvez has a secured parking lot with a gated access. OR find a good hotel and park at EZ park for $50 with online booking. They are right across from the terminal, shuttle you AND your luggage and have secrued parking.

All hotel on the seawall is perfect. The Hotel Galvez is the most popular since it's like the signature Galveston hotel but it was okay....it was a very nice hotel and very pretty...loved the pool.

But we find that you get better/more friendly service at less expensive hotels...just my opinion:)

Greetings,

My handsome hubby and I will be cruising out of Galveston in November and after some research I decided to book the Commodore on the Beach. It's on 37th and Seawall, they provide free-internet (hubby will love this) and is smoke-free. The cost is $75 per night for a King bed oceanview :D . I am not sure what the parking is like because we are having a car service pick us up from Hobby (woo-hoo) :) ! I booked this hotel because of the aformentioned and if I recall correctly it's next to the seafood restaurant Gaido's that I wanted to try (I hear it's fabulous)! I hope this helps and happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Beauty, can you tell me what car service you are using. I am just now beginning my research for an April 2008 cruise. Thanks!

I am Vickie and my hubby is Ray. We are also better known as Ray N Vic.

Just thought I'd say hey.

Vickie:D

Archived