Bringing (sneaking!) "beverages" onto Monarch MOS 3day

Introducing some friends to the fun of cruising on the 3day MOS out of San Pedro. I've been to Vancouver on Carnival and Ft. Lauderdale on Costa and had no probs with packed "beverages" in checked luggage.

Does anyone have some first hand experience with the MOS (non spring break of course) bringing on some personal "beverages" in checked baggage... and preferably not in shampoo bottles!! :D .

Not looking to bring a cooler, but maybe a bottle or too and some mixers or wine.

No flames please, we will be buying bunches on the boat too.

We were just on the Monarch May 4-7, and although I ordered some wine from Just Because of You, it did not arrive due to Shelley being ill. HOWEVER, we had no problem at all getting rum from the shop right off the ship in Ensenada, and I had thought they would take the rum till the end of the cruise, but NO! We went right thru up to our cabin! That's when I sent my DH back down for a couple bottles of wine....ah, the balcony was good again!

So I would say, don't smuggle unless you have to...the $10 bottle of wine was very drinkable, and no risk of soggy luggage.:)

Same thing with us in San Juan. They were selling liquor right there and allowing you to bring it to your cabin. Friends of ours got to the ship before us as they flew in the night before and they bought it and brought it right on the ship. My husband and one of our friends wanted to get some and I told them NO, they will take it from you, and then we got on and realized that our friends had bought it and walked right on with it. They ended up going back off the ship and buying a couple of bottles and walked right up to their cabins with it.

I don't know if the screening standards are the same for every port, but we took 4 bottles of rum, in rum bottles, 2 in checked baggage and 2 in carryons. Not a single problem, no one even cared.

My wife and I were on the Monarch 3-Day in December. We packed a nice Pinot Noir in our checked suitcases, no problem. Then we bought a bottle of local wine and some tequila in Ensenada, again, no problem. Others here have said that if you pack it in the checked bags you stand a better chance of receiving it than putting it through the x-ray machines at check-in. We did both and had no problems.

Why do you need to sneek anything on board? You can order a bottle for your stateroom via the appropos bon voyage department of your cruiseline. The price is reasonable, there is no need to sneek!

FF

Why do you need to sneek anything on board? You can order a bottle for your stateroom via the appropos bon voyage department of your cruiseline. The price is reasonable, there is no need to sneek!

FF

No you can't. Not on Royal Caribbean. You would have to order from an outside company, and RCI is cracking down on that now too. They do not allow you to order any bottle to be brought back to your room, unless it is wine. But no hard stuff.

No you can't. Not on Royal Caribbean. You would have to order from an outside company, and RCI is cracking down on that now too. They do not allow you to order any bottle to be brought back to your room, unless it is wine. But no hard stuff.

On the Monarch, desparate as we were, we brought a bottle of wine back from the dining room to our cabin. Will they allow that on all RC ships?

We were on MOS last weekend and my sons friend tried to bring a bottle of Capt Morgans in his carry on, when it went through x ray, the girl said, "We have a bar in that bag" They proceded to remove it and he had to check it in with RC. They delivered it to his room late Sunday night. I have brought some Jack Daniels aboad in my checked baggage twice with no problems.

DG3

Introducing some friends to the fun of cruising on the 3day MOS out of San Pedro. I've been to Vancouver on Carnival and Ft. Lauderdale on Costa and had no probs with packed "beverages" in checked luggage.

Does anyone have some first hand experience with the MOS (non spring break of course) bringing on some personal "beverages" in checked baggage... and preferably not in shampoo bottles!! :D .

Not looking to bring a cooler, but maybe a bottle or too and some mixers or wine.

No flames please, we will be buying bunches on the boat too.

I don´t really care about anyone smuggling booze or not, but please dont try to justify your acting against the rules by statements like I will still be buying bunches on the boat. That´s not the point. The cruise line set a rule and you decide not to follow and break the rule - period. You can´t justify your rule breaking by buying drinks onboard, it´s still breaking the rule.

I don´t really care about anyone smuggling booze or not, but please dont try to justify your acting against the rules by statements like I will still be buying bunches on the boat. That´s not the point. The cruise line set a rule and you decide not to follow and break the rule - period. You can´t justify your rule breaking by buying drinks onboard, it´s still breaking the rule.

Agreed:)

I have ordered at least 2 dozen bottles of wine from Royal Caribbean in the last couple of months and all were delivered to the staterooms. Of course it's more expensive than buying at home but is so much more convenient and no chance of problems with a leak.

I have ordered at least 2 dozen bottles of wine from Royal Caribbean in the last couple of months and all were delivered to the staterooms. Of course it's more expensive than buying at home but is so much more convenient and no chance of problems with a leak.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry - Sorry - Sorry !!!!! Would it help if I tell you I have brand new contacts and apparentl;y can't read this morning?!?;)

No need to appologize, I guess it happens to all of us that we don´t read carefully what was posted, I was just puzzeld about the two posts in conncetion.:)

Were you allowed to take them to dinner in the dining room? Since the corkage option no longer officially exists I have stopped bringing my own wines onto the ships.

We just came off the Monarch last week. We did not bring any on board in San Pedro but when we got off in San Diego we found a wine store that carried one of the wines we can only purchase in California. It can not be shipped to AZ. We bought a couple of bottles and carried it on board with no problems. PS We also carried it off because we wanted it for home.

In Jan when we were in 2 different ports I bought some rum and vodka.

When we returned to the ship I put my bag through the xray machine fully expecting the booze to be taken till the end of the cruise.

Nope -I was waved right through

I know many times I have seen it being taken-so no idea why ours was not.

It was on the senerade-maybe it depends on the ship.

Archived