Freestyle is the way to go!!!

BLONDIE35

for all of the first timers to NCL including myself before last week, freestyle is the only way to go!!! I love being able to get a great five course meal at 10 o'clock at night or even 7 or 5!!! that is a great idea and I hope that more cruise lines start doing this! It was great to be able to get a table with a view out the window instead of being stuck at the same table every night with no view. We got to see an awesome sunset during dinner (would have missed that on assigned dinner times) . we also shared a table with other couples a few nights as well so it wasn't always the two of us. :D The blue lagoon on the NCL Star is fantastic!!!

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise on the Star. I am sailing on the Star in 3 more weeks! We chose NCL because of the freestyle dining. I've only been on one other cruise and luckily we had great people to dine with each night, but I hated being tied down to the exact same time for dinner.

In my opinion, that's the best aspect of Freestyle. We went on the Dawn 2 years ago with out 2 kids (2 and 7 at the time) and it was so nice to not have to rush to make a dinner time. Then, I went on a weekend cruise with some of my girlfriends on Carnival. We loved it, but I was late for dinner every time :eek:

We are so very much looking forward to our cruise on the Dawn again in 30 days!!! We booked it over a year ago. And, I can't beleive it's a month away already!

Happy Sailing!!! :D

freestyle is good if you get to eat in the resturants you want to

we were on the star in november and could never get reservations it was always booked, even for 8p

i loved the flexibility

but we recently went on celebrity for 14 days and nothing compares to the service and the food !! with the traditional dining, i loved it also

either way , as long as im on a cruise LOL :)

freestyle is good if you get to eat in the resturants you want to

we were on the star in november and could never get reservations it was always booked, even for 8p

i loved the flexibility

but we recently went on celebrity for 14 days and nothing compares to the service and the food !! with the traditional dining, i loved it also

either way , as long as im on a cruise LOL :)

I have to agree that the food was great on Celebrity. I just hated that I had to wear a tux 3 times and a suit another 3 times on an 11 day cruise. There are better ways to spend my time than to rush back to the room to get ready for dinner. :rolleyes:

I have to agree that the food was great on Celebrity. I just hated that I had to wear a tux 3 times and a suit another 3 times on an 11 day cruise. There are better ways to spend my time than to rush back to the room to get ready for dinner. :rolleyes:

yes the suit and dress up thing is annoying, but on a 14 day cruise we only had 3 formal nights and they were well spaced out .. maybe 4,, i cant rememeber LOL, but it was great how they did it .

I really enjoyed freestyle cruising. I have only been on one cruise and so have nothing to compare it to; however I don't think I would like to have to rush to make dinner at a specific time every night. The whole point to me of being on vacation is to not have to stick to time frames and know the time at all. I want to relax and do as I please when I please. I also like the idea of meeting different people and choose to sit with other people if I feel like it, and don't if I don't. I think I might be a bit disappointed when I go with a different cruise line. I do want to just for comparison, although my next cruise in a few weeks is with NCL, the price was right!

It would be nice if other cruise lines adopted freestyle cruising or at least incorporated it somehow, maybe by giving cruisers the choice if they please. Some cruisers enjoy traditional cruising, others do not. It would be nice if you could have either or on all cruise lines.

Archived