Help! NCL Spirit question

Ladyarli

Has anyone who is an insulin-dependent diabetic cruised on the Spirit? I know there are not refrigerators in the cabins. I requested one, and got a very ambiguous answer. Do they have them? I was first told yes, then no, then maybe. The people at NCL reservations don't know, and the "ship's coordinator" is the one who gave the strange answer. I'm hoping that someone out there who has actually sailed on the Spirit can help. Please. Thanks.

We sailed on the Spirit in Feb/Mar and my Mom is a diabetic. I contacted NCL ahead of time alerting them to this and requested a frig for her (she was in a balcony cabin so it didn't automatically come with one). Within an hour of boarding, she had not only a small fridg but a sharps container as well (she didn't even have to ask).

I got an email address to send to from the NCL page that discusses special needs passengers. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll look it up for you.

We also asked about a frig for diabetic medicine. The answer from NCL was that they would try to provide one, but that they couldn't guarantee that we would have one.

They also said that the medicine could be kept in the refrigerator in the medical center or that they could provide an extra ice bucket to keep the medicine in.

You may also want to look into a small portable frig or refrigerated containers for insulin.

Good luck!

Archived